Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: On the fence

Default On the fence

I'm wanting a Kahr .380 and I know about the CW and the P series. I've read the good and the bad of both. I just wish the quality control was more uniform across every model. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a CW 380 and a PM9 and they both run great. What you get for the extra money in the P is not worth it to me. Poly barrel, engraved instead of roll stamped letters and the slide stop difference just don't make any difference to me. I picked up the PM9 with night sights used for a good rice or it would have been a CM9. JMO.

Currently own 2 CW380s and a P380.

The P380 is almost double the price of the CW380 just doing a quick price check.

I got a really good deal on my P380 or I wouldn't have bought it. I don't see any real advantage for the P380 other than more sight options.

None of my Kahr 380s have night sights, but the Trijicons for the CW380 would be my first choice anyway.

I just wanted a DLC finish, and paid $385 for my P380. Don't believe for a second that the P380 is a higher quality gun than the CW380.

Forced to choose, I'd take the CW380. All three of my Kahr 380s needed the extractor mod to run Fiocchi/Perfecta FMJ, but they all ran 100% on brass cased domestic made ammo out of the box.

That's the information I needed to make a decision. Thank you both.

I bought a cw380 a few weeks ago and I, too, had reservations due to hit or miss feedback on various issues. I had really good luck with mine so far; no failures of any kind through a little over 200 rounds. Must say I'm really happy with this gun. Even if it hadn't been 100% reliable so far, I think it's worth the time and effort to get it running good even if that included sending back to Kahr. It just fits well and is a great little shooter. Good luck with your choice!

I just ordered a CW380 from Gunprime.com Thanks again everyone !

As encouragement to you I put 50 rounds through mine last range session and it was again flawless. Best of luck with yours.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I have a MK9. It is more accurate than a Springfield EMP I had. No doubt the better barrel made a significant difference in accuracy. I sold the EMP and still have the EMP.

Quote Originally Posted by CPTKILLER View Post
    I have a MK9. It is more accurate than a Springfield EMP I had. No doubt the better barrel made a significant difference in accuracy. I sold the EMP and still have the EMP.
    ????????????????

I picked up my CW380 this afternoon. Really small gun ! Tomorrow I'll clean it up and get it ready to shoot when the weather breaks in a week or so. Looks to be a very high quality well made firearm. Maybe my next gun will be a CW 9.