Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No more Kahr for me

I just line up the marks, give the back side of the take down lever a little tap with a screwdriver handle or soft face hammer. Once it pop loose just a bit it's a cake walk after that. Easy peasy.

Wish I knew how to make a video (I could be a youtube star) but at least show how easy it is.

Heard many people struggle with it and I just don't get it. It's not that tough.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I just line up the marks, give the back side of the take down lever a little tap with a screwdriver handle or soft face hammer. Once it pop loose just a bit it's a cake walk after that. Easy peasy.

Wish I knew how to make a video (I could be a youtube star) but at least show how easy it is.

Heard many people struggle with it and I just don't get it. It's not that tough.
    I'll make a video this weekend. I have a way to hold the gun that removes the need for the third hand. I know Im not the only one, but a video may be helpful.

-Wlf

I use the bottom of the magazine and apply constant pressure as I rack the slide "Glock style" with my left hand. No need to worry about lining up witness marks. Once the pin pops I use the pointed end of the magazine base to push it through enough to get a good hold on. Easy Peasy!

I just took some fine sand paper and polished it smooth. Comes out pretty easy now. Still not as easy as Glock or others.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe A. View Post
    The recoil spring has finally whipped me. I'm tired of wrestling with it to take down and put back together. I took it down earlier today for cleaning and had a terrible time taking it down and putting it together. Later I thought I would try a different approach with no luck. In fact, I gave up taking it down that time. I've had the CM9 for 3 or more years and have fired a few thousand rounds thru it. If anything, takedown has gotten worse. The slide stop or takedown lever is next to impossible to remove (yes, I'm lining up witness marks) and to replace.

Since break in, the pistol has been 100% reliable and accurate. But the difficult take down and reassembly has turned me against it big time.

Sorry for the rant but I've had enough of Kahr.

Joe

I just hold mine like a Glock---I put the pistol in the web of my left hand, retract until the marks line up, then push the slide stop out with the plastic T-handle of my cleaning rod. It pops right out.

My K9 is much harder to take apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarywoody View Post
    I just took some fine sand paper and polished it smooth. Comes out pretty easy now. Still not as easy as Glock or others.
    You beat me to it. Exactly what I was going to suggest! Have done this on a few guns with great results.