Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop

Thread: K9 Used

Default K9 Used

Saw a LGS K9 for $400 - great buy. But...

My arthritic thumb cannot properly engage the mag release - do extended ones exist?

I suppose the K series is pretty trouble free - good assumption?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kahrbrian View Post
    Saw a LGS K9 for $400 - great buy. But...

My arthritic thumb cannot properly engage the mag release - do extended ones exist?

I suppose the K series is pretty trouble free - good assumption?

Thanks.
    I also suffer from arthritis so I'm slingshotting my P9. My slide release is a bear so I'm not using it.

This month I received a new MAG release from Kahr because the original polymer mag release was too light. Now it's fine.
    Last edited by Tony S45; 03-18-2018 at 07:43 AM. Reason: To correct my errors.

Do you mean mag release or slide release? I never noticed the mag release to be any stiffer on my Kahrs than any of my other guns. The slide release can be a bit stiff, so I also slingshot the slide.

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    Do you mean mag release or slide release? I never noticed the mag release to be any stiffer on my Kahrs than any of my other guns. The slide release can be a bit stiff, so I also slingshot the slide.
    The mag release. Because of the sticky grip hard to reach and you have to mash it just right to get it to work. Do they make an extended one???

Quote Originally Posted by kahrbrian View Post
    The mag release. Because of the sticky grip hard to reach and you have to mash it just right to get it to work. Do they make an extended one???

I've not seen an extended mag release for Kahr.

If it's a good buy, get it and then check out how the release is working into the mags by looking down the frame after disassembling the gun & mags. If it's a problem, get a new mag release. Sounds like the gun may have a mag release issue.

These guns are really for carry. Competition guns need extended releases for quick changes during competition. Not worried about a quick change in my carry gun(s).

I don’t think I’ve seen one either.

I am finding that getting the mag release to work well in a Kahr is tough and the K series makes it harder, particularly with the rubber grips. My hands are not small, but my thumbs don't have enough clearance to push it in readily. I think the one I've been looking at has a MR that may needs replacing too. Even on my new ST9, you REALLY have to nail the release to drop the mag - on the 9mm plastic guns, this is easier.