Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The barrels - what IS the real deal?

Show the difference WRT Kahr, and you have a case.

Polygonal barrels supposedly offer better velocity. In a short barrel pistol, I do not think accuracy is going to be noticeably different.

Quote Originally Posted by kahrbrian View Post
    show the difference wrt kahr, and you have a case.
    wrt?

Quote Originally Posted by weemsf View Post
    Polygonal barrels supposedly offer better velocity. In a short barrel pistol, I do not think accuracy is going to be noticeably different.

Better velocity, less deformation=better accuracy However, short barreled pistols aren't designed for accuracy. SB pistols=belly gun Speaking of short barrels, where is the line? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIwVK_FxGZk

The question is: "Is it a discernible difference". And this requires evidence, and the evidence is thin. Lots of target guns out there without polygonal rifling, and plenty of deformation. And... these are all compact guns or smaller.

The question is: "Is it a discernible difference". And this requires evidence, and the evidence is thin. Lots of target guns out there without polygonal rifling, and plenty of deformation. And... these are all compact guns or smaller.

Well, my question is, who's doing the discerning? I showed the advantages of the polygonal and a video where the CEO of Lothar said that match grade barrels are more accurate. I own and shoot and on the M1A forum and most all shooting forums, ALL agree that match grade barrels are superior. That comes from those that shoot in competitions, where accuracy and longevity, etc. are mandatory. That's good enough for me. YMMV.

Show the difference WRT Kahr, and you have a case.
    This, and from reviews of actual Kah pistols and owners, there is really no difference.

Do you really think a guy from a premium barrel manufacturer won’t tell you that they make a difference?

What a surprise that the CEO of Lothar would tout the poly barrel accuracy. In rifles, yes, just like cold bore, warm bore...............in a firearm with a 4" barrel or less, hardly. A person couldn't hold a handgun still enough to notice anything. Then again, there are people out there who believe that most conceal carry people shoot and train on a regular basis. It depends on which earth your from.

Do I need to create a demilitarized zone for you two? Be kind to bawanna and cut us some slack.

My immense leader is making me do incredibly stupid worthless stuff today, worse than normal and I don't need this kind of abuse ya know?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."