Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: The barrels - what IS the real deal?

Quote Originally Posted by CCHGN View Post
    But to me, this is the real difference, the section that pivots on the Slide stop pin is MUCH beefier. Meaning it'll last longer and the feed ramp is wider, meaning it will feed better. Add a milled Slide Stop pin and I have a much more reliable pistol. And this is debatable, but more contact on the slide stop pin means better accuracy. Attachment 15528
    Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    Or that they go in different pistols? That's as careful as I got.
    off to buy mineolas. See y'all soon.

Yep, the difference in width of the lower lugs is because one is a T40 barrel. I'm guessing there will need to be some work done to get that barrel to work in a CT40 (if it's even possible). For a poly rifled barrel in CT40, one might be better served with a TP40 barrel.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Good point, that just now occurred to me and as usual you beat me to the thought by a long ways.

Now we'll all be curious to see how that works out.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thumbs up

score!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ​O|||||||O

Back to the OP. Why did Kahr use polygonal rifling and offset feed ramps to begin with? More velocity in the smallest gun - why? Cuz in the 80s and 90s the theory fit the reality of older bullet designs. Today, designs allow for LESS velocity for good performance as a defensive round. Today the marginal increases one would get from polygonal rifling are not needed.

And yes, as pointed out, P series lugs are the same across the value line and premium line. So apples to apples and lug contact with the slide stop has nothing to do with accuracy.

Also, back to the "match grade" argument. The accuracy thing is basically unproven - again, unless someone can show a video or test done ON KAHRS made with like conditions, barrel length, machine rests, etc. I'll bet there is little to no difference, but it seems that on all the Kahr threads I see no one really notices a difference.

Why do 1911 shooters use them? Cuz it makes sense when a fraction of an inch makes a big difference in a score at 25M or more. Also, 1911s are VERY picky on slide and barrel fit with a TON of factors that require many precise cuts. Kahr barrel lockup is much simpler (good for us) and it SEEMS that they make VERY good barrels in the value line, hence, there is NOT much accuracy difference (if at all).

Of course the word "match" in a Kahr and what that really means may be very differrent than how it applies in a 1911 or a Beretta.

My final point is that Kahr is offering very good value for the money these days, and the barrel quality appears good enough for people not to think they NEED one on a VERY small handgun. If you desire the premium parts - great. I may end up with ANOTHER premium Kahr some day. Polygonal rifling looks cool!

Wtf ever if you don't want to see then you won't. If you don't believe, than nothing said will make a difference. And if one believes, nothing said will change them either. I'm not here to try and prove anything. IF you don't understand Physics, I'm not here to teach. Btw more contact DOES increase accuracy. Why they bead bed rifles. I'm about tired of this BS. I'm out of here. This site is unsecure anyway.

Heartbreaker...

Sometimes I guess we run people off. That’s not good. I was just messing around. That bear was fun to poke. Yet I feel a little guilty. I saw it coming but just couldn’t help myself.

Around here we treasure those who know a lot. Those who know it all?... not so much. Just sayin’.
    ​O|||||||O

score!
    I can tell by the shape and the top section and the color that this mineola is one fine mineola, and I just don't say that loosely.

So your trying to tell me a mineola is an orange, why don't you just call it an orange for pete's sake?

Yall always trying to make me look stooped. Easy task I know but make me feel dum.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

^^^ welcome to the club Colonel.
    ​O|||||||O