Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The barrels - what IS the real deal?

^^^ dang boss. How come, when you tell a story, it makes perfect sense but, when I say sumpin about car dealers or sumpin, it goes right over peoples’ heads? I’m setting some of that money aside for communication lessons...
    ​O|||||||O

Give ole Jocko a shout over at the Broke Back ranch...I hear he has upgraded from sheep to mules these days....Nobody knows the south side of a north bound mule better than Jocko....

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post

Once is a incident, twice is a co-incidence, 3 is a pattern. Let me know when you want to discuss fault...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Reminds me of a few officers here that are all about Tactical. I can't even remember what it was they wanted but there was a regular version and a tactical version.

For the life of me I couldn't find any difference in the two and I finally emailed. I've dealt with them (whoever they were, don't remember) and figured I'd get a solid answer.

I asked what the difference was. The tactical had "Tactical" engraved on the side and was as I recall 60 dollars give or take more.

I told this to the officer and he said get the Tactical anyway.
    Yeah, that whole tactical thing has pros and con. The con side is a lot of folks are slapping "Tactical" on everything ( tactical umbrellas). What folks need to remember is "Tactical" is NOT an adjective. it;s a noun to describe an action or strategy carefully planned to achieve a specific end.. IF the mission is to get onto a compound, where a pair of bolt cutters and a lock pick and a EMP machine is needed, then that;s all the "TACTICAL gear"., so in that context, almost anything CAN be a piece of "tactical Gear", but most of the stuff that someone c;aims to be "tactical" isn't. Now the Pro, compare that to these new companies, that ware started by retired SF, making true high speed/low drag gear,. THAT is real "tactical gear".For instance, I'd consider a vest by AR500, to be a real piece of tactical gear. The "taco" mag pouches , from High Speed Gear, is a real improvement over the traditional USGI mag pouches (Improved my times at the 3 gun).The photo vest by Rothco, nope. .

This of course isn't the same as match grade and not match grade barrels.. There is a difference.
    Thank you, I agree. Btw, to me, it's simply a matter of personal preference. I like to have the best parts in ALL my gear that I can get.

To me the real dilemma is mule over horse. Now personally I'd take a good mule over a horse any day of the week. Sure they can be a might stubborn but horses can be down right disagreeable from time to time too.

Give me the mule any day.

Hmmm, I'm not sure that's a good analogy. So many different breeds of horses and mules ) not to mention apples and oranges). So if we pick horse, ok,an Arabian is a fine dainty horse. Looks pretty, but can't handle alot of abuse( now before the equine experts get on here, the hardy traits that the ancient Arabians had of enduring the desert, like a camel, that has been bred out of them, they're more like Whippets now) and then you have a draft horse, like a Clydesdale: Large, thick, built like a tank, like those over sized barrels on a sniper rifles and cannons. THEN you have the Thoroughbreds, best of both Worlds, big and strong yet fast as the wind and HUGE endurance. IN THAT context, imo, the regular barrel is Arabian and the "Match grade" is a Thoroubred.

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    ^^^ dang boss. How come, when you tell a story, it makes perfect sense but, when I say sumpin about car dealers or sumpin, it goes right over peoples’ heads? I’m setting some of that money aside for communication lessons...

Hmmm goes over folks' heads? Well, without rehashing(and getting onto trouble), simply, the concept of the top end, loaded car vs the low end, no frills, car( and everything in between being a compromise) has nothing to do with infringing on an unalienable right. The fact is, ALL the cars in between is NOT a compromise, you can choose what you want pay and what features you want and color, etc. or even NOT to buy ANY of that brand of car. You can go and buy a fully loaded KIA for the price of of the low end car, from the "Big 3", so it's still all a matter of choices. The other is not.

013.jpg

OK, I got the Ct40 barrel and the "match Grade" T40 and put them side by side. I hope the pic shows, they're a different color. To me, that means a different finish.

But to me, this is the real difference, the section that pivots on the Slide stop pin is MUCH beefier. Meaning it'll last longer and the feed ramp is wider, meaning it will feed better. Add a milled Slide Stop pin and I have a much more reliable pistol. And this is debatable, but more contact on the slide stop pin means better accuracy. 018.jpg

I noticed that Mineola's are arriving back in the grocery store. They had lots of delicious ones from Dec. of last year until April. Then they kind of disappeared. Now, they are starting to trickle back in. I try to eat at least one every day. If you want stats as to how long they are in season, sorry, no stats. You just have to eat them until they are gone. So juicy, so delicious, AND SO GOOD FOR YOU! Can't wait for the concord grape season. I can't give you any stats of when but I know that I believe that they will come soon. Half of the people in the U.S. eat concord grapes. I don't know what the stats are, but I know people love them, so that's good enough for me. I always carry my MK9 with me when grape shopping. There are many grape thieves out there. I don't have any stats but I believe that there are, so better safe than sorry. When fruit shopping, always make sure you are armed to the teeth. There are many, many fruit thieves out there, I'd say a couple million anyway. I've got no stats but I believe it. Stay safe.............................................. ......

Choose words carefully, while entertaining it's also getting a might old.

Everyone go to a neutral corner and savor the Mineola's before they are gone. I don't know what a Mineola is, might have to google it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by CCHGN View Post
    But to me, this is the real difference, the section that pivots on the Slide stop pin is MUCH beefier. Meaning it'll last longer and the feed ramp is wider, meaning it will feed better. Add a milled Slide Stop pin and I have a much more reliable pistol. And this is debatable, but more contact on the slide stop pin means better accuracy. 018.jpg
    Or that they go in different pistols? That's as careful as I got. off to buy mineolas. See y'all soon.
    ​O|||||||O