Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Austin bomb terrorist blew himself up 3 miles from my house

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

You probably wouldn't of heard it with your windows open. He drove a volkswagon Polo.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Is that a police vehicle, the olive drab armored truck on the right?

That stretch of I35 is a disaster during normal mornings. It was a mess.

I'm glad that I moved onto my small ranch in Gatesville from the Austin area.

The area is full of nutcases and weirdos.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Is that a police vehicle, the olive drab armored truck on the right?
    No telling which LE agency it belongs to. Could even be a game warden - those guys have more powers than any other state cop, including the Texas Rangers. They do not need a warrant to come on to your property or even to walk into your house unannounced. Texas takes poachers seriously.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by CPTKILLER View Post
    That stretch of I35 is a disaster during normal mornings. It was a mess.

I'm glad that I moved onto my small ranch in Gatesville from the Austin area.

The area is full of nutcases and weirdos.
    Good move.
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    No telling which LE agency it belongs to. Could even be a game warden - those guys have more powers than any other state cop, including the Texas Rangers. They do not need a warrant to come on to your property or even to walk into your house unannounced. Texas takes poachers seriously.
    Somehow I don't think walking into a house unannounced especially in Texas is something I'd want to do no matter who's badge I was carrying.
    Seem down right risky to me.

I can see that beautiful Armybrat Colt belching flame as we type.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

One of them followed my nephew home to Austin after he had been out shootin' on his dad's land with some friends (not in hunting season). Walked into his carport unannounced just to check to see if he had any poached critters. They had only been target shooting & plinking, so the polite GW left after looking around.

By unannounced, please allow me to clarify: I mean he's going to ID himself as the game warden (the uniform is obvious), but he's coming in without a warrant whether the property owner likes it or not.

BTW - said nephew has been a LEO in Kerr County since 1981 now. Could've retired 7 years ago, but he likes his job.
    -Rudyard Kipling

I got a good joke that fits here perfectly but it won't let me look at it here at work, I'll try at home and post it later.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    Is that a Nissan Pathfinder?
    A Ford Exploder, obviously.

A DEA officer stopped at a ranch in Texas , and talked with an old rancher.
    He told the rancher, "I need to inspect your ranch for illegally grown drugs."
    The rancher said, "Okay , but don't go in that field over there.", as he pointed out the location.
    The DEA officer verbally exploded saying, " Mister, I have the authority of the Federal Government with me !" Reaching into his rear pants pocket, he removed his badge and proudly displayed it to the rancher. "See this badge?! This badge means I am allowed to go wherever I wish.... On any land! No questions asked! Do you understand ?!!" The rancher nodded politely, apologized, and went about his chores. A short time later, the old rancher heard loud screams, looked up, and saw the DEA officer running for his life, being chased by the rancher's big Santa Gertrudis bull...... With every step the bull was gaining ground on the officer, and it seemed likely that he'd sure enough get gored before he reached safety. The officer was clearly terrified. The rancher threw down his tools, ran to the fence and yelled at the top of his lungs..... "Your badge, show him your BADGE!!"
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan