Xssights   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well so much for my CM9 being perfect

Default Well so much for my CM9 being perfect

Went to the range today with my CM9 that has been flawless since I bought it...been bragging since I first shot the firearm. Well for some reason the trigger is not resetting all the time. Was about on the first 2 or 3 rounds out of each of the 3 mag I used. Was shooting Winchester NATO... that I have shot before with no problems. Went to Federal and Aqulia same thing was happening. Took the gun apart, cleaned and checked ...can not find any visible problems. Any suggestions as to what to look for in detail?

When it happens will it reset if you push the trigger forward? Could be a trigger bar spring thats behind the little panel on the right side of the grip. Or maybe some crud behind the trigger bar too.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

If I slightly pull back on the slide, it resets and then when there are only 2 or 3.....mostly 2 rounds left in the mag it resets...slide locks back no problem Cleaned it real good when I got home...will try it tomorrow again
    ...ty

Let us know how it goes. Should be something easy to fix. From your description it sounds trigger bar related but I could be wrong. Maybe it will run flawless this time.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Visit here:

I'm perplexed (not uncommon) as to why it only does it mostly towards the top of the mag and gets better with less rounds?

I don't see any correlation there. When it doesn't reset is it going fully into battery. Can you smack the back of the slide and have it reset?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I'm perplexed (not uncommon) as to why it only does it mostly towards the top of the mag and gets better with less rounds?

I don't see any correlation there. When it doesn't reset is it going fully into battery. Can you smack the back of the slide and have it reset?
    It goes into full battery. Like I said, never a problem with it before ............using same ammo as I have before also. Shot the same ammo out of the CZ P-07 while at the range....no problems with the ammo in it. I too am perplexed sir.

OK Update: I pulled the trigger bar access cover off and reinspected trigger bar and spring to ensure proper attachment and freedom of movement....all good. I did find the trigger bar rear rounded portion that rides just below sight under the access cover had a burr that was riding the panel. Not sure it was severe enough to cause any problem...especially concerning the round count when it was occurring. Filed.....cleaned and lubed.

Maybe it is the cocking cam is catching on the on the striker pin. You may want to try disassembling your slide and clean out the striker pin channel. I did mine for the first time this weekend and it was full of carbon and metal flakes/shavings. I originally did it because the drop safety button was sticking and would stay depressed!
    This was the best video that helped me do it:
    https://youtu.be/mi3VFRll2L4

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyC View Post
    Maybe it is the cocking cam is catching on the on the striker pin. You may want to try disassembling your slide and clean out the striker pin channel. I did mine for the first time this weekend and it was full of carbon and metal flakes/shavings. I originally did it because the drop safety button was sticking and would stay depressed!
    This was the best video that helped me do it:
    https://youtu.be/mi3VFRll2L4
    TY,.... yes I did this when I came back from the range and did the total clean and lube.

One more trip to the range...same results. Quick call to Kahr Arms got me a RMA number and tomorrow it is off for repair. Time to go back to the big gun for EDC....CZ P-07!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_usn_ret View Post
    One more trip to the range...same results. Quick call to Kahr Arms got me a RMA number and tomorrow it is off for repair. Time to go back to the big gun for EDC....CZ P-07!!
    Hey, it might be the big gun but the P-07 isn't lacking in any way.

Visit here: