Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Kahr Shop
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Wish list for Kahr - Double Stack

That's the thing, many of the guys here tried my LDA Para's and hated it. They weren't used to it and it was foreign to them. I think given time they would come to like it.
    I never shot it but I got to play with a Sig DAK I think it was a 220 SAS, all melted down. I loved everything about that gun.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I regularly carry a CM9 with a spare magazine.I don't feel undergunned with that. I also regularly carry a CW380 with a reload. I don't feel undergunned there either.

But if Kahr could bring out their own P365 on the PM9 frame, I'd be all over it.

But, realistically, the chances of needing more ammo than my CM9 carries is pretty rare. The most likely defensive gun use is going to be a one-on-one incident in which 1-3 rounds are fired. Multiple attacker scenario in which one would expend numerous rounds is highly unlikely. I think millions of people carry J frames and are well served. The people who walk around with G19s and two spare magazines(which they are free to do) seem a bit excessive to me.

Sometimes people crack me up. There's the "what if there's a terrorist/mass shooter" crowd---as if I want to engage a rifleman with even a G19. Then there's the guys who obsessively practice quick draw. Yes, it's good to be able to rapidly draw and fire----but it's very difficult to out draw a drawn gun. I suspect these people also regularly spend their time in public head down, staring at their cell phones.

But a double stack Kahr would find a home with me regardless.

Nobody does slim better than Kahr, and I’d rather have a double stack from them than anyone else. More boolets is better, just because I don’t like to carry an extra mag. Already have too much crap in my other pockets.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Kahr needs to innovate or evaporate.

I’d just like to see Magguts make plus 1 kits with their z-spring setup for Kahr’s 6 and 7 round 9mm magazines.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Interesting thought about double stack mags........BUT Kahr has been the king of small single stack pistols....the trend seems to be shifting in that direction...look how long it took S&W to bring the Shield and Glock
    theG43..Khar was already building little guns.

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    There's the "what if there's a terrorist/mass shooter" crowd---as if I want to engage a rifleman with even a G19. Then there's the guys who obsessively practice quick draw. Yes, it's good to be able to rapidly draw and fire----but it's very difficult to out draw a drawn gun. I suspect these people also regularly spend their time in public head down, staring at their cell phones.

But a double stack Kahr would find a home with me regardless.
    No one knows the circumstances we'll be found in. There are so many variables, one cannot say, "Oh well, if there's a rifleman in a crowd I guess I'll just die." That kind of fatalism will get you killed. Always have a plan to fight evil.

My plan is to stay at the fort and let evil come to me.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    That's the thing, many of the guys here tried my LDA Para's and hated it. They weren't used to it and it was foreign to them. I think given time they would come to like it.
    I never shot it but I got to play with a Sig DAK I think it was a 220 SAS, all melted down. I loved everything about that gun.
    I miss the carry LDA 9mm I once had, Yes, DA in a 1911 was very cool. I think that was the first frame I ever polished. Actually, first gun I ever fully dissasembled. I will have one again one day!

Food for thought...

"Of all the active shooter events there were 33 at which an armed citizen was present. Of those, Armed Citizens were successful at stopping the Active shooter 75% of the time (25 incidents) and were successful in reducing the loss of life in an additional 20% (6) of incidents. In only 2 of the 33 incidents (5%) was the Armed Citizen(s) not helpful in any way in stopping the active shooter or reducing the loss of life."

https://www.concealedcarry.com/news/...er-events-fbi/