Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Xssights
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wish list for Kahr - Double Stack

Default Wish list for Kahr - Double Stack

With Sig's new compact 9mm, one would hope that Justin Moon could start thinking about a double stack CW9. The grip shouldn't have to be any wider than a Ruger SR9 or even a CW45 to cram 3 more rounds in the magazine, thereby maintaining the brand's reputation for slim pistols.
    The company ought to keep up with the game if it wants to stay in it, IMO.

Call it the DSS9 or even include a DSST9.

Thoughts?
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I agree.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I didn't think there would ever come a time when I disagreed with Armybrat but this might be it.

With the exception of maybe the T or CT size these are primarily full fledged defensive pistols. Look how many guys are relying on 380's which is next to being unarmed in my book.

Most of us will never have to shoot but we're all sheep dogs so we need and WANT the tool. Most prefer smallest lightest possible tool, hence the love for the 380 I guess.

Granted Kahr is probably a niche market but with Thompson, Magnum Research and who am I forgetting under the same umbrella they are in the game.

Not to say it's a bad idea really but I think perfecting the current stable is priority and they are gaining on it. Remember years ago there were lots more issues.

Throw an extra mag in your pocket and you got 5 or 6 or more rounds. I always carry an extra anyhow so no issue there.

Or carry a 45. Cause shooting twice is just silly.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Avoiding the fickle finger pointed at Kahr 380 fans, I admit I'd rather have something more substantial on my person if the SHTF.

Circumstances sometimes dictate otherwise, and a 380 is better than a sharp stick, IMO. Even that is debatable - google Tueller drill.

I read parts of a study from somewhere (NYC?) that showed the highest percentage of 1 shot fatalities were from 357 mag, followed by 9mm.

I dunno - I'm not volunteering to get hit with anything, but the gaping maw of a 45 has gotta put the fear of God into a bad guy. Hell, even if you throw it at 'em, it's gonna hurt.

Shot placement is everything. A 22 round to the noggin is likely more effective than a 45 round to the belly in stopping a bad guy. This ain't Hollywood....

^^^ I been carrying 6rds of .357 on the weekends lately. It’s comforting. But to the original question about a double stack. I say yes. Options are good.
    ​O|||||||O

Not discounting Sig's excellent design, the P365 w/mag, unloaded comes in at 18.6 oz and the four additional rounds add to it's relative base weight. For casual, concealed civilian carry I'm good with my trusty ole J-frames and my PM9. Heavier clothing and/or feeling the need for more is where my 1911's come in. Admittedly, I was born and raised before spray and pray was invented so I may be a bit biased.

Also age related, on the .380 argument/discussion....given moden ammunition, .380 is the new 9, 9 is the new .44/.45 ball, and .45 why bother to shoot twice is the new .45.
    NRA Benefactor

There are enough double stack compacts and sub compacts now. I'd rather Kahr do what it does best - make small, light, and narrow carry pistols. I'm a SIG fan and think the 365 is well designed and a fine pistol and I may buy one, but it's almost as heavy as my CM45 or CW45.

I didn't say anything about a double stack Kahr replacing the single stack, just to give us a nice choice.
    -Rudyard Kipling

Instead of the Kahr U9 (Unicorn 9mm, aka Gen2), they should look into the double stack. I wouldn't recommend they double all the different sizes they make, just take, say, the CW9 and CW45 and widen them for a staggered magazine. I am confident they would sell like crazy.

I think so too. Kinda like the double stack manufacturers (Block) are offering single stacks in their lineup.

Besides, as bad as my old eyes are gettin', it would be nice to have 2 or three more rounds available in the same mag.
    -Rudyard Kipling