Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Newest Gun Show Find; Beretta 84f

Default Newest Gun Show Find; Beretta 84f

One of the guns I've wanted to replace in my collection is a Beretta 84. I had a very nice one that I sold out of financial necessity years ago. Today I came across one in very decent shape with a dislodged spring that I used to talk down the price. Once home I reinstalled the spring correctly then replaced the grips with a superlative set of hard to find Farrar grips. These grips are very similar to original K9 grips in that they are a soft, grippy, tough polymer. These were made for the Indiana State Police who issued the 84 at one time.

I love this gun. I carried one for many years and could always shoot it very well. Here she is... one of my Grail guns.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

I owned an 84fs for a long time. Purchased it new from a sporting goods store that was going out of business. Got it for a real good price considering they were asking north of $700 for them at the locals. Never shot it a lot, but ended up using it to qualify for my CCL. For me, it was unbelievably accurate at 15 yds. and under. Anything after that was difficult for me to be accurate. I know it wasn't the firearm. So, I sold it. Very well built firearm. They run like a Swiss watch. I remember the super strong mag springs. I was reminded from CCL qualifications that were timed. Cussing while trying to load a magazine. You're right about those Farrar grips. Looked for them for years for my 84, 92's and 96's................never found any that were decent, and there weren't many.

That's a beauty. Really nice shape.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Great find! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    That's a beauty. Really nice shape.
    I agree That's a great find!

I picked up an 84BB a few months back from a local pawn shop. It's in pretty good shape. It had Pachmayr grips on it, but I found them a little large for me (even after cutting the front strap cover away). Likewise, with a set of the ISP grips. I finally tried a set of Beretta plastic grips and found they suit me better. I was disappointed with the first magazine of rounds I put through it as they hit about four inches high at ten yards. I tried a different brand and bullet weight; those hit right to my point of aim at ten yards (making me a happy camper). I also tried some hollow points in the same bullet weight and those also shot where I wanted them too. I like it

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Love the classic look of those early BB models. What I'd really like to bump into one day is a 81BB. Beautiful pistol. Sent you a PM.

I took my newly found 84f to the range today for it's first test. I shot a few mags of WWB and a few of Atomic reloads. All fed and fired perfectly and hit where I aimed using a normal 6 o'clock hold. I really love this model of Beretta. It's always felt just right in my hands. All controls just where I can reach and operate. This is actually my fourth pistol from the 81 series. Previously I've owned a nickel 84f, a blued 84f with night sights (rare in this model series), and a 85fs. I carried the 84f for many years. It never, ever let me down. It was only replaced when I discovered the HK P2000sk that replaced it. I swear by either of these brands. Beretta and HK make superlative guns IMHO.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.