Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Talon grip for P45

Default Talon grip for P45

Looking to get a Talon grip for a P45, but I am not sure which type to get, rubber or granulated. What works best, and feels better. Never owned Talon grips.

I currently have the rubber ones on my M&P and like them on that firearm. I had them on my HK, but now have a Limbsaver sleeve. Like the sleeve better on the HK. The granulated are too much like sandpaper for my liking. I think it matters what firearm you are using them on. I prefer sleeves over the Talon grips, but on the M&P, the sleeves moved around too much. I also use a Pachmayr sleeve on my MK.

Every polymer frame handgun I own has a Talon rubber grip on it. Provides the perfect amount of grip for me without moving around on the gun.

The granulate ones tend to catch on clothing, and are tough on exposed skin. Tried one once, and didn't like it. It's all personal preference as to what feels best.

I have the rubber grips on my p45(and every other polymer Kahr). I'm not the biggest fan of the ultra grippy granulated. They remind me of the E2 grips on Sigs.

Rubberized on my Ruger SR9.
    Was incorrectly sent the granulated for my Shield. Was too rough. Per instructions used 100 grit sandpaper to tone it down just the right amount.
    I like both just fine. Never wear either one next to skin. I have had the grit act like velcro on the lining on one of my pouch holsters.