Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New CW380 issues

I'm of the opinion that Kahr knows full well that these CW380s aren't ready for the world, but ship them out anyway. They are going to get someone killed. My Cabelas stopped selling them because of complaints, my local gun shop will not touch them because of the numerous problems with them, and three other people I know have had serious problems with them. Back last year I posted on another site about my issues. Right out of the box, I had 60 Failures to Feed or Failures to go into battery in the first 75 rounds. I couldn't even finish Kahr's recommended break-in period. It was bad. I shipped it off, 3 months later I got it back, and it is like they didn't do a thing to it, except include a note that says the feed ramp was polished, as well as the extractor. There is no way these guns are tested before they leave the factory.

Back when I called their customer service last year (in November of 2017) I explained to the CS rep that I spoke with about the issue I was experiencing. He said he'd never heard of the problems, and it wasn't at all common. Then, a simple search on YouTube and forums shows complaint after complaint of the same issues. Just a few weeks ago Kahr posted a video on YouTube explaining that the failures to feed were a result of limp-wristing, and that there have been just a few complaints. There are hundreds of complaints, and that is Kahr's way of saying their manufacturing and QC processes are good, and that the customer is at fault. Why on Earth would anyone waste their money on these junk project guns when for a bit more you could get one that will never let you down?

Quote Originally Posted by miamivicedade View Post
    Why on Earth would anyone waste their money on these junk project guns when for a bit more you could get one that will never let you down?
    For me the benefits outweigh the disadvantages:

Benefits:
    -Small enough to conceal anytime/anywhere, but big enough for a normal two-handed grip.
    -Very good sights (mine has optional front night sight)
    -Decent magazine capacity (I use +1 MagGuts kits in my carry mags)
    -I like the feel of the trigger.
    -No failures when using premium SD ammo OR US-made bulk ammo.

Disadvantages:
    -My trigger finger feels slightly cramped, which makes this my most challenging gun to shoot well.
    -I felt I had to upgrade the striker for reliability (not based on actual problems, but many reports of breakage).
    -Tricky to disassemble AND requires either a lot of strength or good technique to reassemble.

I also have and carry a Glock 42, but the Glock is too big for some situations where I absolutely don't want to print and I don't want my gun detected even if I get a hug from a gun-hating relative.