Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Switching to a SIG P365?

This means Kahr needs to do some serious R&D to be competitive to survive.

Well I reached 350+ rounds yesterday and no problem so far. Great trigger, GREAT SIGHTS. I know I don’t have too many rounds so far but no complaints. Size is perfect. CM9 still gets carried at times in pocket but so far early in this game the P365 is a winner.

Should reach 800 rounds in June so we’ll see ....

FYI: Did some rough measurements on trigger weight and the P365 and CM9 trigger weights are about the same though feel is different. Both trigger weights are about 4.5 pounds at the break. The Kahr has smoothed out nice over the years.
    Last edited by yqtszhj; 05-30-2018 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Add info
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Finally got my P365.

Haven't had a chance to do anything but look it over and dry fire it a few times, but I should get to clean it up and take it to the range next week.

One thing I did notice is that when I dry fire it, the striker sounds quieter than the one I handled a few weeks ago. Wonder if Sig made any changes to the striker assembly.

Of course, with the amount of oil in this thing, there's probably oil in the striker channel. Time for a non-chlorinated brake cleaner hose down.

For me, the P365 just screams out for a Talon grip. The good folks at Talon shipped me one today. Always great service from them.

Edit: Just for $hits and giggles, I took the P365 into a dark room to check out the "X-Ray" night sights. The right dot on the rear sight doesn't glow at all.

I own 7 Kahrs, and not ONE has ever gone back to the mother ship - except for social visits.

A bit over 24 hours of owning the P365 without firing a shot, and I have to call Sig to see if they'll send me a new rear sight. I don't want to have to send the gun back already! I can swap sights myself.

This is a glaring (or not, as the case may be) example of poor quality control.

Edit Again: Sig asked whether I wanted to ship them the slide for them to install a new sight, or if I wanted them to just send me a new sight. Cool.
    Last edited by Ed M; 05-31-2018 at 09:15 AM.

Just an update after a bit over a month of ownership of my P365.

When I called Sig the first time, they sent an order acknowledgement for new sights. After 2 weeks, I still hadn't received a shipping notice. so I called Sig again, and asked what was going on.

The customer service rep apologized, and said he'd check into it. An hour later, I got a notice that my new sights were Fed Ex'd to me. Got 'em in a few days.

I prepped the gun as I do all my new guns, and took it to the range. Fired 100 rounds, and had 2 failure to feed the last round, and 2 fail to hold the slide open after the last shot. These failures were all with the 10 round flush fit mag - the one I plan on carrying in the gun. Took the mag apart, polished the interior, and smoothed the follower with 800 grit. Another thorough cleaning and the P365 was ready for the next 100 rounds.

Next trip, 100 rounds of Blazer Brass 124 gr, and no issues at all. Little thing really shoots great! Accuracy for me is on par with my micro Kahr 9mm's.

Last trip was for 150 rounds of FMJ (Blazer 124 gr, S&B 124 gr, and Perfecta 115 gr), and 50 rds of Federal HST 124 gr. Passed with flying colors, so into the carry rotation it goes.

I joined a P365 facebook group, and if you think people gripe about the reliability of Kahr 380s, you should see that group. All kinds of complaints about strikers breaking, sights either loose or inoperable tritium vials, trigger bar spring failures, extractor issues, and on and on...

Looks like Sig rushed the P365 to market without adequate testing - the early buyers were the beta testers. Sig has been doing rolling improvements, and it looks like they pretty much have the early issues solved. For anyone having issues, they're quick to send out call tags to get the problems fixed, Looks like they do all the incremental updates on each gun returned as well. Turnaround time is about a week or two, so they're serious about keeping customers happy.

Nice report, I have also put my Sig P635 into my carry rotation after 500 rounds with no problems. 10 + 1 should stop most threats, if not 12 +1 will.

No problems have been reported in the late June and July Builds, so the bugs are history now. The big difference between Sigs and Kahr's is the Sigs will shoot any ammo right out of the box without any jams, Kahr's don't seem to do that.

I guess it's all about what you're comfortable carrying.

None of my 9mm Kahrs have ever had a failure of any sort, and they run flawlessly with any ammo I feed them.

Having carried a snubby revolver for many years, I never really felt under gunned with 5 or 6 shots on tap. My PM9 is now 10 years old and has almost 6,000 rounds through it. It still shows no wear internally, and only a few tiny scars on the frame.

In cooler weather, I often carry something larger, but in warm weather, my CM9 or PM9 gets carried the most, along with a 7 round spare mag in a leather sleeve in my off hand back pocket. Kahr mags are so slim that I never even feel them even when sitting.

The P365 has been good so far, but my CM9 is still my #1 EDC choice. I don't see that changing anytime soon, if ever. Kahr got the slim, concealed carry concept right a long time ago. If it ain't broke....

You are right, I didn't have any problems with my CM9 and MK9 either. I think having the right grip when firing the guns makes the difference between having problems or not having problems. I am used to small handguns because I have small hands and my grip is firm and correct for any smaller gun including Taurus 380's and the Remington RM380. They all work for me, I am just more accurate with the P365 and I like the larger capacity.

My P365 was built in early April and so far with over 1500 trouble free rounds thru it. It is my EDC.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

I never made it to 800 rounds on my p365 in June like I planned, I’m only up to about 500. Ended up buying a CZ P-10c. Put quite a bit of ammo through it ind it’s a keeper.

I did some accuracy comparison between the P365 and my CZ Rami. Needless 5 say I did better with the Rami but the P365 gets carried a lot.

Got another Goodie inbound so ammo will be somewhat devoted to it for test and breakin.

Hey Ed M, the 365 still doesn’t beat the Rami does it?
    Last edited by yqtszhj; 07-08-2018 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Darn Apple spell check trouble!
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Hey Ed M, the 365 still doesn’t beet the Rami does it?
    Oh hell no. Sig makes a nice product, but CZ is in a league of it's own.

My MK9 vs the RAMI would be too close to call. Gotta try that some time....