CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Xssights
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Switching to a SIG P365?

Default Switching to a SIG P365?

Has anyone thought of swapping out their Kahr CM9/PM9 for the new P365? It looks to only slightly bigger than those Kahr pistols with greater capacity.
    Honestl , living in magazine capacity limited state, this looks like it fits that sweet spot between size/weight/max allowed capacity. Why carry a full size double stack pistol when you can only load 10 rounds?

BTW, I still think the Kahrs have the P365 beat for being a true pocket pistol in 9mm.

I highly doubt that I would switch to the P365 or any single action for carry. I like the light weight and slim profile along with the safer double action trigger. I always go to a double action revolver or auto over a single action for carry. Just my opinion.

I thought about it but still haven't seen one in my neck of the woods...I had a Shield .45 that I just couldn't find a use for since I pocket carry and the Sig would be a little heavy with that many rounds so I traded it for a PM9 DLC which fits the bill just fine....This is my 2nd PM9 and I foolishly let the first one go which I regretted but now I'm back in a new Kahr and couldn't be happier....Did the new Kahr prep and lube and took her to the range last Sunday and put over 200 rounds through it without a single issue so I'm very happy with it and now it rides in my pocket replacing my trusty old J frame......

Welcome to Kahrtalk ResJudicata.....Best place on the interweb for anything Kahr related....Lots of nice knowledgeable folks here always glad to help out other members.....
    Last edited by getsome; 03-27-2018 at 04:16 PM.

While I might pick up a 365 at some point I don’t see it as replacing my CM9.

My CM9 is reliable and I shoot it as well any other firearm I own.

Dave

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

There was the same sort of hype when the Glock 43 hit the shelves. I was at my LGS when they got their first one. Wasn't for sale, they keep it so folks could handle, play with it, and order one. I compared it to my trusty PM9 and said no thanks. Now they are all over the 365 the same way. Haven't seen one yet, but I doubt I get one unless I see one on the used market in a year or two. For me the PM9 is the perfect pocket pistol, it replaced my j-frame as my backup. It's not my primary carry, so the round count is not a big factor for me. I mostly rely on a CCO sized 1911, only 8 rounds total. If that don't "get 'er done", I'm SOL anyway. I bought a CZ PCR to replace the CCO, 15 rounds of 9mm, about the same weight and size, a little thicker in the grip, but being an old fart, set in my ways, I migrated back to the .45 and only 8 rounds.
    NRA Benefactor

Do we buy guns because we need to update, or just because they are new?

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    Do we buy guns because we need to update, or just because they are new?
    The voice of reason rears it's head.

The Kahr trigger is something I feel comfortable with. Having 3 Kahr micro 9mm's (PM,CM,MK), I'm all set.

Same mags, same holsters, slim and easy to carry spare mags, same ammo. Never a malfunction with any of them over thousands of rounds.

If 14 rounds aren't enough to get away safely, it's just gonna be a bad day.

You're just playing the odds, and whatever you're comfortable with. I'll stick with Kahr.

I have a couple SIGs. Really nice shooting guns and very high quality. But my CM9 has always fired, fits in a pocket holster and can always be there. I feel the same way about my S&W 649. Not the latest thing but dead nuts reliable and I can carry it anywhere. The SIG? Not so much.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Have you read the reviews on the P365 lately? I'm sticking with Kahr!
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

I think the Sig is intriguing. I'd consider switching if my Kahrs weren't so.........great.
    ​O|||||||O