Xssights   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Switching to a SIG P365?

I thru together a P365 vs PM9 comparison because the Sig caught my eye also. I think I will be staying with my PM9

Sig Sauer P365 Kahr PM9
    Weight 17.6 Oz 15.9 Oz
    Width 1.0 In 0.9 In
    Barrel Length 3.1 Inch 3.1 In
    Length 5.8 Inch 5.4 In
    Height 4.3 IN 4.0 In

Not at all!

Lots of problems with durability being reported. Striker tip drags in the primer and some have broken. Then there's this (watch to the end)
    https://youtu.be/BYCCQjx0M8M
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

It's a good thing that Kahr has never had any striker drag or any other problems.

LOL, All my Kahrs have primer smear and I’ve never had a problem.

I guess Mac better not look up the history of CZ trigger return springs breaking (like in his P-01 that he loves so well.)

Sig may have some growing pains though I do agree. They do have a warranty for that reason. I guess it shows any gun can have an issue. Maybe Inshould carry 2 at all times which isn’t a bad idea.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

My impression from issues with the P320 and now P365 is that Sig has changed. They're also putting their brand on every type of firearm, ammo and accessory now. Reminds me of Remington. Not your father's Sig Sauer.
    I can't say I'd feel comfortable with an EDC gun that made drag marks in the primers. If either of my CW380s did that, I'd send it in, and get rid of it if they couldn't fix it. I feel I need to trust them. Similar to the reason I got rid of my LCP and went to Kahr in the first place.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post
    My impression from issues with the P320 and now P365 is that Sig has changed. They're also putting their brand on every type of firearm, ammo and accessory now. Reminds me of Remington. Not your father's Sig Sauer...
    A nearby gunsmith forwarned me the same some time ago. I think the saying is: “too big for your britches”? In fairness, I think the P365 is a great gun in concept once they get any kinks worked out. And Kahr hasn’t been without their bugs either. They’ve been working those out for a long time. But I know that my Kahrs are running right and that’s the primary reason I won’t be switching soon. That and they are paid for...
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    LOL, All my Kahrs have primer smear and I’ve never had a problem.

I guess Mac better not look up the history of CZ trigger return springs breaking (like in his P-01 that he loves so well.)

Sig may have some growing pains though I do agree. They do have a warranty for that reason. I guess it shows any gun can have an issue. Maybe Inshould carry 2 at all times which isn’t a bad idea.
    He did a video on his P-01 and mentions that the Cajun Gun Works Pro Carry package was done on it. From what I've read, the CGW trigger return spring is an upgrade over the OEM spring.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    He did a video on his P-01 and mentions that the Cajun Gun Works Pro Carry package was done on it. From what I've read, the CGW trigger return spring is an upgrade over the OEM spring.
    Regards,
    Greg
    Thanks there Greg. I must have missed that video. I think the CGW trigger return springs rate better from what I’ve read also.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

The (insert your new model gun here) problems have probably way overdone. I posted this on another forum and I think it sums up the issue.

"Read and watch the internet reviews with a very open mind. The exact number of guns in the field is unknown but it is something well over 40,000. The early on problems were related to recoil springs resulting barrel peening and some failures to return to battery. How many of the very early on issues were user induced, nobody knows but Sig stopped production and in Feb. they resumed shipping with new recoil spring assembly and their upgrade X-ray night sights. There was a very small number of reported striker tip breaking and the cause was never isolated but as of late there have been no reports of that particular issue with guns shipped after mid May.
    The P365 striker is a MIM part and that gave me cause to purchase an aftermarket striker made of tool steel. Expensive little devil but in my mind it removes any doubt the tip will ever break off. BTW, Sig and others claim any "swipe" marks on the primer have nothing to do with the manufacture of the striker and everything to do with the operation of the action. I have not read anything relating the unusual primer marks to any firing malfunctions. If someone has, please correct me with a link.
    Sig is looking at a modification to their trigger return spring which on some guns will leave a slight scratch mark on the rear of the magazine which may have the potential to pop the trigger return spring out of it's hole when inserting a magazine. It appears to be a slightly sharp tip on the wire spring where it was cut off in the manufacturing process. This latest "issue" is easily corrected by Sig or any owner with two minutes and a swiss file.
    Yep, there have been growing pains and Sig repairs them and gets the gun back to the owner very quickly.
    "You pays your money and you takes your choice"
    I have had none of the above mentioned issues and after 750+ trouble free rounds, I have found this to be the best combination of small size, high capacity firearm with a great trigger and usable sights I have ever put in my hands and it has been my EDC from round 200."
    "Never pet a burning dog"