Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Sold my p380

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It took literally several thousand rounds through my P380 over several years and constant parts filing and swapping before it finally got to the point where I could call it reliable. At long last it's my daily carry, but it was a very long road to get to this point. Would I recommend a Kahr .380 to someone? Hell no. Many of them do work fine out of the box, but a disproportionate number of them don't. It's a shame because when it actually DOES work you really can't beat it for a small .380 pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by dsk View Post
    It took literally several thousand rounds through my P380 over several years and constant parts filing and swapping before it finally got to the point where I could call it reliable. At long last it's my daily carry, but it was a very long road to get to this point. Would I recommend a Kahr .380 to someone? Hell no. Many of them do work fine out of the box, but a disproportionate number of them don't. It's a shame because when it actually DOES work you really can't beat it for a small .380 pistol.
    Well, we really don't have data to support that a disproportionate number of Kahr .380's don't work out of the box. We DO know that there are a disproportionate number of complaints. That distinction is only important to help keep things in perspective.

But I agree with dsk. I would never discourage anyone from buying any Kahr. But I can only recommend them to experienced shooters = those with experience tinkering and making a firearm/ammo combination run well and those with really strong shooting fundamentals. There are other brands that seem to be more forgiving (if that makes sense).

I was fortunate that my first MK9 ran perfect. It did teach me not to limpwrist though. It simply wouldn't tolerate that.
    ​O|||||||O