The forum logged me out so my novel got deleted. While technology failed me today, this pistol didn’t.

I picked up a CW45 a little bit ago and finally got out to the range today. It’s my first time with a 45. 99% of my shooting experience is 5.56, 9mm, and 5.7. I did inspect and clean it beforehand as well as hand cycle some ammunition. I’d read that you’re supposed to use the slide release to chamber a round but found that I could slowly ride the slide just fine as with other pistols. I’d guess they made some changes or maybe some people just got a lemon.

I put the 200 break in rounds through in one session. 100 rounds Winchester white box, 50 rounds Remington UMC, 50 rounds federal. I’m happy to report no malfunctions just as I would expect from standard range ammo. Has anyone had luck running steel or aluminum case? It would definitely help on cost as I continue to familiarize myself.

I had no issue with recoil and found I could slow or rapid fire fine. The sights are a bit odd but I guess I’ll just have to get used to it. Upon cleaning I noticed a lot more brass debris than I was used to like the extractor is really tearing the cases up. Is that considered normal operation or should I be concerned?

Any suggestions on holster for carry would be greatly appreciated as that was my intent with this purchase.