Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Never drop your guard

I generally leave the chamber of the home defense shotgun empty. With grand kids around even though it's out of reach just a secondary precaution.
    Plus I still like the sound of the first round chambering. Lately I pretty much rely on handguns for night time home defense anyhow.
    Seems the older I get the less I care really.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by knkali View Post
    If its already in there you save time and any chance of a malfunction when you do need to put one in the chamber. Makes sense. I agree with you. You have to run your self defense to you skill set and comfort level. Hope you never have to will a shell into the chamber.
    Now you're just being for no good reason 'cause I don't agree with you pissy.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I generally leave the chamber of the home defense shotgun empty. With grand kids around even though it's out of reach just a secondary precaution.
    Plus I still like the sound of the first round chambering. Lately I pretty much rely on handguns for night time home defense anyhow.
    Seems the older I get the less I care really.
    Just wait...it gets worse. Or better if you choose to view it that way.
    NRA Benefactor

Default Safety First

All guns are loaded all the time.
    Check the gun immediately when you pick it up.
    Once checked, still point it in a safe direction at all times.
    As soon as the weapon leaves your hands - It's considered loaded again!
    Keep your finger off the trigger till you have your target identified, in your sights and are ready to fire.
    Know what's behind your target if possible (the world is your backstop).
    Follow all safety rules all the time.
    And even if you screw up, there's a good chance no one will get hurt.

I'd like to say I've never ever made a mistake with a firearm.
    But I'd be lying.
    Can say no one ever got injured in any way...

All this is especially true around a police station where the is a high density of guns. They get laid down for whatever reason. I always tell everybody when they lay one down and it leaves their sight to assume somebody messed with it while they was gone. Check it over to make sure it's still empty or still full depending on how they left it.
    I do the same on my bench even though nobody has been in there when I leave to go tinkle etc. Still assume gremlins messed with it.

Itxi, I'm broken hearted. We need to make up, I weren't meaning to be pissy, just sayin what I normally do which to anybody else but me might not be normal at all. I won't be pissy again. I'm writing this down, don't be pissy to Itxi.

Can we still share the same air and be pals (not in any mano mano way ya know?) We'll steer clear of boobs that are too large even though I kind of like em.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    All this is especially true around a police station where the is a high density of guns. They get laid down for whatever reason. I always tell everybody when they lay one down and it leaves their sight to assume somebody messed with it while they was gone. Check it over to make sure it's still empty or still full depending on how they left it.
    I do the same on my bench even though nobody has been in there when I leave to go tinkle etc. Still assume gremlins messed with it.

Itxi, I'm broken hearted. We need to make up, I weren't meaning to be pissy, just sayin what I normally do which to anybody else but me might not be normal at all. I won't be pissy again. I'm writing this down, don't be pissy to Itxi.

Can we still share the same air and be pals (not in any mano mano way ya know?) We'll steer clear of boobs that are too large even though I kind of like em.
    I did nots call you pissy You have confused your ownself with kinkali, whom I for good reason did call pissy. Perhaps you need new reading glasses.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    I did nots call you pissy You have confused your ownself with kinkali, whom I for good reason did call pissy. Perhaps you need new reading glasses.
    He agreed with you and basically said your the smartest man alive and you call him pissy? I already gots the hearing aid, now you figure I need spectacles too?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Ok boys and girls and Jocko too if your watching, I've carefully reread and scrutinized the previous post and discovered that Itxi and I are actually on the same page. A page or two back he mentioned that he doesn't keep the chamber on his shotty loaded and the time involved isn't important.
    This is precisely my thinking so rather than being 180 off as I incorrectly read, we're actually 180 on, not in any mano mano way ya understand.

So given this clearer more correct information, we can accept that the pissy post was in fact directed at knkali and not my own self. Picture a very relieved bawanna right here.
    Now I've just completed a thorough and precise back ground check on knkali and determined that despite the fact that he keeps his shotty chamber loaded, he's not pissy either.

So digesting all that with a little pondering and perhaps a wee dram of Scotch I think we're actually all ok here.

I think I'll do a little checking on Jocko, I think he just might in fact be a bit pissy with his attitude about 9mms and his thinking that 1911's should be put out to pasture. Probably wants to be close to his sheep. He actually said that to me just the other day. 1911's should be put out to pasture.
    Now that in my infinitely small mind is pissy!
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

And I thought there was "peace" on the forum and then you had to bring up Jocko………..Just kidding!

Peace betwixt you and I, nothing else matters darling. Focus on that. Hope the convict don't read this or I could be in for a stomping.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan