CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alessi Belt-Slide for MK/PM - pix added.

Default Alessi Belt-Slide for MK/PM - pix added.

Anyone has it? From the www, I can't locate much pictures of it taken from various angles, I would like to get some owner feedback and some pix of it.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by wagon; 10-13-2009 at 07:16 AM.

I have one for my K40. It pulls the gun in tight and is very comfortable and stable. My favorite OWB holster and I plan to get one for another different pistol as well.

Tks for the input. Rock. I went ahead ordered one

Holster is an item so subjective that somehow I found myself just being silly to ask the question... I have a UBG which I find comfortable while others don't, I didn't like a Don Hume (open front model.. whatever # it is) but there are people who loves it.

I never had a Alessi before but really want to give it a try, hope it will fit my built.

I have been less than impressed with current Alessi holsters.

Although it really doesn;t matter much (I've decided to give it a try, already ordered ), but curious mind just likes to know:

In what sense you are "less than impressed", just in general or on particular model? By "current" you mean products after Lou's passing?

Can you expand please ? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    I have been less than impressed with current Alessi holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by wagon View Post
    Although it really doesn;t matter much (I've decided to give it a try, already ordered ), but curious mind just likes to know:

In what sense you are "less than impressed", just in general or on particular model? By "current" you mean products after Lou's passing?

Can you expand please ? Thanks.

Yes, after Lou's passing. The current production Talon II I got through Kahr for my MK9 just isn't up to what I perceive of as Alessi standards. A couple of specifics?....my K9 actually fits it much better than my MK9 (it is marked MK9) and the clip edges were sharp and unfinished to the point where the corners drew blood. Other than that, it's rather decently done, but the Mitch Rosen Clipper (same production/price class) is much better constructed and somewhat better finished. I understand the family's struggling to keep Lou's name and his product line alive and I wish them well, but I was still disappointed.

I too actually ordered a Talon 2 from Kahr for my pm9 recently as well and I was happy with the workmanship. From what I under stand his daughter and another gentleman are building the holsters now and also where previous to his death. Maybe a bad one slipped through for you or maybe I just got a good one.

I can say I'm happy I bought the Alessi belt slide a couple years ago. High quality product and comfort. Let us know how you like yours when it comes in Wagon.

The Alessi leather arrived Saturday and the break-in process has begun

It has more cant than other OWB I have experienced (UBG / DonHume) but I found it most comfortable (best fit to my built) to carry at 3:30 while the steeper cant helps conceal the small PM9 very well... no bulge when lean/bend forward.

Common to new custom-fit holsters, it came in EXTREMELY tight, it got loosen up after several insertions with a plastic bag wrapped around the PM9, it is now a tight fit, but will only get better after a few days.

I find it does not too much unnecessary leather fore and aft, which I find this is suitable for the PM9 -- larger and heavier pistols could use more leather for better support, but not for a PM. I think the "minimalist" design for this holster works very well for Kahr guns.

I am impressed with the workmanship of it, it is the 2nd in this price range I've ever bought and this Alessi holster is of higher quality overall and has better stitch work, it is like.. I get more for the same price.

I am very pleased with the purchase, and Clayton in KahrShop has been EXTREMELY helpful and patience with me. I may need a leather IWB for the PM9, too ..

(The above is based on the very limited holster I have so far had experienced on, this is just a subjective summary based on my personal like and dislike, this is not to suggest that none other holster is better. )
    Last edited by wagon; 10-13-2009 at 11:35 PM.

If you like quality minimalist, you'd probably like the Talon II as an IWB. It also has a cant, about 15 degrees. It carries the butt a bit higher than I'd like, but that's mostly due to the cant; why I prefer straight drop for IWB. Mine's in use for the rare occasions when I carry my K9 that way. My earlier comments aside, it really is a decent holster after you dehorn the clip....better than the Don Hume gathering dust in the box. Perhaps I've just been spoiled by custom leather.
    NRA Benefactor

Tks for the suggestion, Itxi. Honestly I afraid I have to pass on both Alessi and Rosen. I'm in search of a low-ride and tuckable, AND not spendy. The price point of TalonII and Clipper is proabably is my max, and I have no doubt that they are very nice holsters, just unfortunately they are not tuckable.. and they do appears that they don't ride as low as I would like.

I have ordered a cheapo Ace tuckable.. I know ... but for <$10, it wonlt hurt even if it turns out crap.. but hey, I enjoy quality lo-cost stuff too, evidently I still like carrying my Bersa 380cc in an UncleMike #1
    Last edited by wagon; 10-13-2009 at 11:37 PM.