CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's Official!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    You didn't use enough food stamps and unemployment. When you stop working, the loot stops. The gimme, gimme gimme folks get it forever.

I'm proud and foolish in that I've never once drawn an unemployment check, no food stamps. Actually don't remember ever not working except for the year I was sorting things out after the chair came along and that year was no picnic neither.

Chiefs retiring and they ponied up enough officer donations to get him his duty gun and a AK Pistol kind of thing he wanted.
    One of the guys told me when I retire (not likely) they'll probably get me a Daisy Red Ryder, not a bad thing really, always wanted one.
    Luckily my grandson didn't have to wait until retirement to get his RR...

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

^ You know he could put an eye out with one of them things, right?
    NRA Benefactor

Ahhh... BB-gun wars in the woods at our grandparents' place near Braxton, Mississippi, back in the 50's. There was this one time... I was standing on the bank of a creek... might have been taking a leak, but I heard a noise behind me. I turned my head to see at least three of my cousins and siblings in a small group, all with their bb-guns aimed at me. They fired in unison, hitting me in the butt! Thank goodness for sturdy jeans! No one ever got seriously injured... luckily, but my pride took a hit that time... well, my butt, anyhow.
    Last edited by wyntrout; 04-17-2018 at 09:05 AM.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

BB gun wars - good memories!

We did that stuff too when I was a pup.

It was all fun and games until I got a Crossman air powered BB gun. With 10 pumps in it, it'd go right through jeans and draw blood.

Suddenly, no one wanted to play.

A Benjamin 317 pump in .177 was my weapon of choice to slay all sorts of little varmints when we lived in St. Louis in the mid 1950s. Never looked at my little Daisy "Pal" after that.
    Eye protection? Never heard of it!

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I had a lot of fun with a Benjamin. On a visit to Missouri my cousins had one and introduced me to chippy hunting. Barn swallows.
    Wait till after dark and go in the barn and spot light the barn swallows. Blast em with the Benjamin.
    Only thing was don't hit the windows of the combines or tractors or there was hell to pay.
    I had so much fun we called farmer friends and went and did their barns too. Cats loved it too, they got so full the could hardly move.

Wife's boss at Tractor supply was talking about letting me come down to the store after hours and clean out the birds. With all the feed they got around there the birds get so plentiful and noisy they can't hear to talk. Hope it happens.

I'll have to practice up some.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Whut?? You reminds me of my slacker wife. She's 57....decided, without asking, to be shed of the work force late 2015. She plus all living expenses paid draws monthly checks, too....from me. Who, like Bobshouse, is pulling from three well earned retirements.
    Never said I don't work, just that I retired in 08 from the military. Got a real job for a year after I retired. Spent too much time away from home and realized I didn't need that kind of job. Then got a job at Cabela's that I loved but quit that one when we moved. Now I work over the summer at one of the lakes up here. I'd work there year round but they don't need me during the fall/winter time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBert View Post
    Never said I don't work, just that I retired in 08 from the military. Got a real job for a year after I retired. Spent too much time away from home and realized I didn't need that kind of job. Then got a job at Cabela's that I loved but quit that one when we moved. Now I work over the summer at one of the lakes up here. I'd work there year round but they don't need me during the fall/winter time frame.
    That sounds like a great job! Years ago I was offered a caretaker job at the telescope in Laramie Wyoming. I had a good job at the time and passed on it [wife also had something to do with the HE!! NO you ain't doing it part]. I loved living in Wyoming.

http://physics.uwyo.edu/~WIRO/
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!