Xssights   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new

Thread: New kahr P45 OTW

Default New kahr P45 OTW

Hello, i had purchased a cm9 model about a year ago. I had several issues with it and i remmber joining the forum to ask for help questions.
    i never was able to get her to run correctly.
    im fairly certain if i had sent her in to kahr, they would have fixed it up, but i had a friend that quite liked it and i made him a good deal on it.

iv always wanted another, but this year was mostly a 1911 year for me.

Then i noticed that buds has a dramatic price drop on their premium line of kahrs.
    have always wanted a pm45 or a p45.

looked today at my local lgs, they want 599 for the pm45.
    buds has it listed for 415. shipped.

i decided to go for it, but bought the next size up.
    they advertised 425, used my card, so 440 later i have a new karh p45 on the way.

looks as though buds has already moved it to the shipping dept. that was fast.

so just a few questions, will holsters for this model be the same as a cw45?
    is it really possible to use 1911 mags in this pistol, or will that damage it?
    any info would be appreciated,
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BabyMaker_45 View Post
    so just a few questions, will holsters for this model be the same as a cw45?
    is it really possible to use 1911 mags in this pistol, or will that damage it?
    any info would be appreciated,
    thanks
    Congrats on the P45

To answer your questions:
    I believe you will find that most leather holster made specifically for either model will accept both pistols.
    Precisely molded kydex holsters might present some issues with a CW45 fitting into a P45 holster. Going the other way, a P45 will be less likely to cause any issues of fit in a CW45 specific holster (though there could be touch of "looseness").

1911 magazines:
    Please see this thread: http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...gazine-UPDATED
    From my own personnel experience:
    I mostly run modified (some material taken from the mag body, ahead of the feed lips) Officer's/compact 1911 magazine tubes with Kahr internals in my CW45. I've not had any problems with that combo.
    Unmodified mags work, but will probably not lock the slide back (though folks that have tried them say ACT-MAGs will do so).
    Mags with the split shelf "Devel/MCCormick" style follower should have the end of the top shelf bent down otherwise it can cause some trouble ejecting the last round.
    I've not had any 1911 magazine I've tried cause any damage to my CW45.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Thankyou for the info. For range purposes, i dont care if it locks the slide back or not.
    id likely only carry it with kahr mags if i do, but right now a shield is filling that role.
    i know kahr mags can be ridiculously expensive.
    i think pricewise i got a good deal.

Took posession of the kahr today.
    ordered on a friday from buds, picked up wedensday afternoon, not bad at all.
    he recoil spring isnt captivebor stainless like i thought it was. I thought it would be like on the pm45.
    it came covered in packing grease.
    i expected that.
    what i didnt expect was 3 magazines.
    2 6 rnd and 1 7.
    Not bad at all for 440 out the door, when my local guy wants 599 plus tax.

i cant wait to shoot it.
    i dont find the texture too agressive.
    but my other 45s are a glock 21 gen 3 rtf frame, and a newer kimber warrior with the 25lpi front strap checkering and g10 grips.
    this kahr is gonna be a great ccw

Son of a gun. Spent 140 and ordered a nice elpasso saddlery leather holster last week.
    looked through old holsters in the closet, and ill be damned, a bianchi model 57 for a smith mnp 9c fits perfectly already.
    i mean perfect.
    kind wish is looked first. Just over the years iv bought so many holsters, many for guns i no longer own, i forget what I have.

Hello and welcome. I have the same issue with holsters( box full of leather ones). I now make my own, but I had a Comp Tech for a Sig and got rid of the Sig and then got a S&W M&P9 and just put the holster in the toaster oven for bit and pressed it between two phone books and viola! a new holster for my M&P. I did the same for this CT40. I had a Kydex holster for a Commander sized 1911 and reformed it to this CT40.