Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: cw380 range report😁

Cool cw380 range report😁

I am very happy to say that I put 170 rounds of assorted ammunition through my kahr cw380 today without a single hiccup of any kind!
    Can you believe it I expected at least to have several failures to feed or extract... but not a single one!
    I don't know if what I did contributed to the reliability or I just got a very good cw380 but overall it doesn't hurt... what I did

This is what I did to make it more reliable!
    Took the weapon apart and cleaned it very well!
    i re throated the chamber opening slightly wider and Polished it to a mirror shine! I also polished mirror shine the inside of the chamber so the cartridges wouldn't stick! i rounded the extractor bottom just a bit more than factory! ( there's a YouTube video on how to do this) to aid in rounds feeding! And I gave the follower a steeper angle by sanding it down! And I must have racked the hell out of it three or four hundred times before I took her shooting...
    I am happy to say I shot 100 rounds of Winchester white box 95 grain TMJ truncated bullets!!!
    50 rounds of Magtech FMJ Full Metal Jacket!!
    And 20 rounds of Hydra-Shok 90 grain hollow points... happy to say besides the gun being very dirty it shot very well 😁 recoil is very manageable very low for me and for what I call a belly gun close range defense it's a keeper... I will shoot different kind of ammo to see if she's picky but so far everything is positive😁😁😁
    ps... I checked for proper primer strikes! And no sign of 380 case bulging!!!
    Hopefully she'll stay 100% reliable
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kiki; 04-14-2018 at 11:42 AM.
    Why i carry?..."CAUSE I CAN"... :0)

Nice job. My P380 is one of my favorite guns to shoot if I want to quickly dispense 50 rounds. Very little recoil and accurate.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Congrats. I also have a new CW380. I've only been able to put 50 rounds through it, but they were trouble-free. Today I installed all the common upgrades (Lakeline striker & stainless recoil spring guide rod, plus Galloway Precision stainless striker spring guide rod) and hope to finish the break-in next week.

My wife shot her 380 a couple of weeks ago and it shot great for me. She limp wristed a bit and had some jams but that was her getting use to the gun. No problems with some cheap Fiocchi but that was some dirty ammo.

No problems with Fiocchi FMJ without any extractor modification? That's good!
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm