Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights

Thread: New addition... A Canik

Default New addition... A Canik

Just today I traded for a Canik TP9 SFx. A pistol pretty much set up for competition. I wanted it mainly to see if the brand is as good as they say and to try a red dot out on my aging eyes. The gun feels really secure in the hand. It comes with lots of accessories. Different red dot base plates, adjustable grip, extra screws and wrenches, two 20 round magazines and this particular one came with a Viper red dot and a second barrel, threaded for a silencer. Seems like a nice trigger. Can't wait to shoot this puppy.

Here she is...
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

I had been looking at those and pondering one. I saw one at the range last month and it seemed nice. I’ve only felt the trigger on one once and it was good. Nice you got it with the Vortex and I bet you’ll like it.

i bought a Burris fast fire red dot a couple of months ago to play with on a Ruger mark III hunter and see how I liked it and it was amazing. It helps improve trigger control over iron sights because the dot was so small compared to a front sight. We could hit shotgun shells at 25 yards standing with some focus. I couldn’t do that with irons because they were rather large. I would like one on my CZ P09 but I’d have to either set it high above the bore or have the slide milled, neither of which I’m up to trying at this t8me.

I moved it to my CZ Scorpion last week and it will stay there because it cowitnesses with the irons and it works with the platform.

Watch this guy with his red dot. I want to shoot like this:
    https://youtu.be/y5K2Ol_H6BE
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Oh, I should have added the Canik CZ75 clones are very good
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Visit here:

I've been looking at those too. A sgt at work has one, says it's the best shooter he owns. Does come with a lot of stuff and they are really reasonably priced for what you get.
    One of these days I just might grab one. Have another sgt that's convinced everybody needs that heads up sight system.

He got one since his eyes aren't what they used to be. Guess it's the ticket for that.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

It is a very nice gun. I was looking at one but ended up with a Sig 320RX which is similar yet different in action and capacity.
    I went the Sig route to use in Carry Optics rather then open class.

I own a few Canik CZ clones and they are fine weapons!!!!!!
    nicely played sir!

RCG
    .......It's that you shot!

Stay thirsty my friend!

99% of the Liberals give the rest of them a bad name

Great looking pistol. I've been tempted to give them a try...a close friend has bought/sold several full-size pistols before settling on a Canik, and he claims it is amongst the best shooters on the market today.

Enjoy!!

I want one of those! Let us know how she does.

Quote Originally Posted by lantern View Post
    I want one of those! Let us know how she does.
    I just returned from the range. I shot about 80 rounds, 20 through the threaded barrel and 60 using the original barrel. The original seemed more accurate. Took me a magazine load, 20 rounds, to get the red dot sight on target. Once I did the gun was superb. I'm very impressed, both with the style and ease of shooting with the optic and with the quality of the pistol. Recoil is, as expected, soft. The grip is solid, the controls easy to use. The mags load to full capacity and load in the beveled mag well quickly and decisively... Click! It's an easy gun to shoot well because the components all work well together. The trigger is nice with a quick reset.

After sighting in and getting comfortable with the new gun I shot a 10 round quick burst at 30 feet to see how accuracy would hold in fast snap shoots. All hit my 6" Shoot-N-See. This caused a big, big smile. I took my HK USP along, (a favorite gun), to use as a comparison. While Canik doesn't hold the same history of excellence and reputation for outstanding performance that HK has earned, if this model is an example then Canik is on it's way to becoming a top tier brand. Wow. Color me impressed.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

ARGGGGG...... Now I think I need one. I wish I could shoot one and compare it to my CZ P-10c (and find my CZ shot better to save myself some $$$.) We’ll see how I do. Gun show in 2 weeks so maybe I can fondle one and ponder what to do.

Good report by the way. Thanks.

Visit here: