Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: sig p365...a better look

We need to arrange a code or something, I don't want to be tossing pebbles at your window in the wee hours if I ever visit and meet that kind of resistance. The convict being a convict and all, he my scattergun me and ask questions later, you know how they are.
    I didn't do it.....

I thought I heard that the mag release on the Sig is reversible. As I was playing with it, I thought about swapping it and using my index business finger to release the mag? Just so small that I hit the button ok but my hand is entrapping the magazine, so it don't slide out and even hard to grab with the weak hand. Actually I don't have a weak hand but I don't do much with my left, it's mostly there for balance and cosmetic reasons.
    I can still break sticks of spaghetti with it just as good as my right. Sometimes on a good day, two at once.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The P365 mag release is reversible. It is small and that is by design. Small guns involve putting fingers in places they are not normally located and with recoil, a mag drop is possible.

I figure with 10+1 rounds in the small mag and 12+1 in the extended mag, if I run out of ammo in a gunfight, I should have brought a friend. All this from a guy who thought I climbed a mountain when I went from five in my S&W snubbies to six in my Kimber K6s.
    Last edited by 340pd; 08-26-2018 at 08:16 AM.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I'll have to try it with my thumb. As a lefty since 2011 I've gotten used to using my index (trigger) finger on the mag......we will see the next time I handle one.

If I have my right "support" hand also on the gun I can use my right hand "social" finger to reach under the trigger gard and push the mag release. It works great but there is one HUGE limitation to that technique.....If I need to retain the exiting magazine I'm out of luck because both hands are occupied!

The 365 is small enough you could probably hit the release with your social finger and still retain the mag. Actually that's my issue, not retaining the mag. Course as 340 said with 10 rounds a quick mag swap probably won't be necessary.

With the reversible release you got good options.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

After 12 shots the fight will be over and you can just use your thumb to eject the spent mag. The fight will be over, you can take your time to put a new mag in place.

Good idea, I'll try it!
    I can always count on your wisdom.

Held one in my hand.
    It's amazingly small for the capacity.
    I'll wait a while for them to get the bugs worked out...
    For now...

Indoor range near me has a P365 to rent, so I actually got a chance to shoot it. It was fun and I liked everything about it, except the weight. Its much heavier than my CW380, especially loaded. But it's accurate, surprisingly pleasant to shoot and the size is almost miraculous for its capacity. For anyone interested in a 9mm pocket pistol I think you have to at least consider it.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

I find my PM9 in a leather holster to be perfect for pocket carry BUT, lately I have been carrying AWIB and using a Vedder LightTuck and my P365. This setup fully allows me to have my shirt tucked in and go unnoticed.

"Never pet a burning dog"