Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K45 all steel pistol?

Default K45 all steel pistol?

Does anyone in the know, might be able to shed some light on when or if, Kahr ever plans to make an all stainless, or black stainless K45? I have tried to suggest by email, but I get from the company pre Fab letters. I think an all stainless, or all black stainless would sell.

Ah,the K45. That has been wanted around here for years. That’s all I know about that.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Yep, many folks lament the lack of a steel framed 45 in Kahr's line up.
    Then, there are many (especially CM/PM 45 owners) that would be happy if Kahr would just make a steel base plate for their 45 magazines.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I think, unfortunately, that Kahr only still produces the steel framed pistols because Justin Moon designed them first and has a sweet spot for them. They can't possibly make very many each year.

I doubt we see any new model from Kahr for a long time. We only got the S series because Kahr developed the frames for the cancelled Gen 2 Kahrs.

That being said, a K45 would be sweet. Officer's Model size but with the Kahr trigger.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    I think, unfortunately, that Kahr only still produces the steel framed pistols because Justin Moon designed them first and has a sweet spot for them. They can't possibly make very many each year.

I doubt we see any new model from Kahr for a long time. We only got the S series because Kahr developed the frames for the cancelled Gen 2 Kahrs.

That being said, a K45 would be sweet. Officer's Model size but with the Kahr trigger.
    Agreed. K45, with a 3.5 inch barrel. All stainless, or all black stainless, with a night sight model option. I think it would sell. Anyone agree or disagree?

A 45 would have more recoil and fewer rounds than a 9mm, which means it would be even more of a niche than the all-steel Kahr 9mms. It might even cannibalize sales from existing models with no net sales increase.

On the other hand, an all-steel 380 would retain the round capacity of 9mm, reduce recoil significantly AND introduce what would probably be the nicest-looking 380 in the US market. I'd buy an all-steel 380.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartachesNhangovers View Post
    A 45 would have more recoil and fewer rounds than a 9mm, which means it would be even more of a niche than the all-steel Kahr 9mms. It might even cannibalize sales from existing models with no net sales increase.

On the other hand, an all-steel 380 would retain the round capacity of 9mm, reduce recoil significantly AND introduce what would probably be the nicest-looking 380 in the US market. I'd buy an all-steel 380.
    So why did Kahr ever make the CM/PM 45s??? Keep in mind those of us who want the K45 to come into being LIKE .45 ACPs. I have no need nor desire for any 9 mm.

Oh, and my wife already has an all steel .380, a Sig P238. Mighty fine little shooter to boot.

There was a time I would have been all over a K45. But my CW45 is great. I’m happy. 👍
    ​O|||||||O

Good question. The only answer I can come up with is that it is significantly less expensive to create and manufacture a new poly-gun than a new all-steel gun. Less expensive means more attractive to more consumers.

But I still think that a new all-steel 380 would outsell an all-steel 45. Shooters have all kinds of options if they want a steel 45 - which means that Kahr would have a lot of competition. But there aren't very many options anymore in a good-looking, steel 380.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartachesNhangovers View Post
    But I still think that a new all-steel 380 would outsell an all-steel 45. Shooters have all kinds of options if they want a steel 45 - which means that Kahr would have a lot of competition. But there aren't very many options anymore in a good-looking, steel 380.
    Kahr used to make a steel .380. It’s discontinued. I guess it didn’t sell well. Mine runs perfect with any ammo I’ve tried. A little heavy at 14oz. It still makes a great pocket gun.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ​O|||||||O