Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kahr 380 7 round mag!!!!

Question kahr 380 7 round mag!!!!

Okay my question is are the 7 round extended kahr magazines for the 380s like the P 380 or CW 380 reliable?? I have looked up different postings on here but the topic always gets..."sidetracked" into the 7 round 9mm magazine having issues or the 45 7-round magazine.... is anyone caring the 7 round extended magazine for the CW 380 / p380 and has it been 100% reliable??
    please not 9mm or 45...only 380s!!!
    and im not talking about ct380 since magazine rides completely in the grip!!! thanks😁
    Why i carry?..."CAUSE I CAN"... :0)

Mine wasn't reliable, and Kahr exchanged mine for a regular mag...but that was all before we've discovered that the extractor could be modified to make feeding much more reliable. So would those extended mags work in my gun now? Maybe. Back then we didn't know what the culprit for feed issues was. I think much of it was the extractor, but maybe part was the extended mag. Not sure on the mag now.

MagGuts is another option for adding another round to a 6rd mag. I have a least 6 of them and haven’t had a problem with any of them.

My 7-round mag that came with my P380 works 100% of the time.

And, guess what? It is the SAME EXACT mag that ships with the CT380. The P380 7-rounder just has a black plastic baseplate that makes it feel to your hand like the gun has an extended grip.

But, I also own a CT380, and wanted to see if my P380 7-round mag would work in the CT380 by replacing the Kahr extended baseplate with a Pierce "pinkie extension" baseplate, which is what my CT380 Tungsten came with. It works! In both guns. So, the plastic Kahr extended baseplate is not critical in ensuring 100% feeding. I can switch mags back and forth with no problem.

-Wlf

The seven round mag I have does NOT work reliably in my CW380. I think that finger pressure on the baseplate/extension tilts the mag just enough to affect the function. I have a Magguts kit in another mag and it functions perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieW View Post
    The seven round mag I have does NOT work reliably in my CW380. I think that finger pressure on the baseplate/extension tilts the mag just enough to affect the function. I have a Magguts kit in another mag and it functions perfectly.
    I was worried about running into the same issue when I took the Kahr extended base plate off, and was glad when I didnt. However, I have also wondered about going with a Magguts kit in my 6-round P380 mag, since my 6-round mag locks the slide back after the mag empties, but it is hit or miss when I hand-cycle the slide.

I haven't read any negative reviews on the Magguts kit for the Kahr 380's.

-Wlf

Mine wasn’t reliable at first, but it’s been running perfect lately at the range. It has magguts in it, so it can hold 8 rounds. Imagine 8+1 in such a small package! I haven’t started to carry it though because I’m not 100% confident and 7+1 with Magguts in the 6 round mags is satisfactory when I carry my p380. My edc is my p938.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

No problems at all with the 7 round mag that came with my P380 in any of my Kahr 380s.

I don't carry a spare mag with me because my CW/P380 IS my spare mag.

I carry with MagGuts in the 6 rd magazine when I carry my 380s. Never had a problem with MagGuts. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieW View Post
    exactly ditto for me.

The OEM .380 mags are very finicky, and the 7-round ones are worse because of the movement others noticed. All reliability problems with my pistol were solved by the MagGuts kits, including the extended one which now holds 8 rounds. I don't CCW with it, but I use it as a range mag.