Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CW380 Problems FIXED!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default CW380 Problems FIXED!

I am new to this forum, but not to Kahr's. I have a PM9 as well as the CW380. My CW380 has several issues. Often it will not fully chamber the first round, in live fire often will not fully chamber a round (takes anywhere from a thumb push to a good whack to force the round into the chamber), and the firing pin strikes seem awfully light to me. I have put about 225 rounds through it, using S&B and Magtech FMJ 92 and 95 grain respectively.

Got any suggestions?

I have some pics of the gun when partially out of battery.

Last edited by weemsf; 05-03-2018 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Add pics

Welcome to the forum from a native Tennessean.

Here’s more than you probably want to know. Many have done this and have been successful. Calling Kahr is another option. It has to do with extractor tension. Hope this helps.

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...tery-on-CW-380
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

If it was me, I would read this thread before I did anything to my extractor.

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...80-first-shots

I had already rounded the bottom edge of the extractor. My experience with pistols tells me this is an extractor issue, but not sure how to fix it. I guess filing the pin behind the slide plate may be just what I need.

Well, I went back to the bench with the little 380. Worked on the extractor a little more and all will feed from the slide locked position. Drop the slide lock and, click, they go right in. I will fire it again soon to confirm the repair. I really need a small handgun to wear while I have suit on and am in a situation where I am around a lot of people. Concealment is vital.

Did you end up shortening the pin?
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by topgun1953 View Post
    Did you end up shortening the pin?
    No sir, I radiused the lower edge of the extractor. If I have any more issues, I will buy a new extractor and use a different method to alter it. I am hopeful I am done with the repair.

Quote Originally Posted by weemsf View Post
    Well, I went back to the bench with the little 380. Worked on the extractor a little more and all will feed from the slide locked position. Drop the slide lock and, click, they go right in. I will fire it again soon to confirm the repair. I really need a small handgun to wear while I have suit on and am in a situation where I am around a lot of people. Concealment is vital.
    let us know how it works out. A success story is always good to hear.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Just rounding off the lower edge of the extractor claw helped mine, but wasn't 100%.

I wound up also removing .004" from the inside of the extractor post - did the trick.

Had I known of markman's fix, I would have done that first. He brought the root cause of the problem to our attention, and the fix involves working on a $2 part.

Here's the "other" extractor mod I did:

extractor.jpg

I have a new extractor on its way from Kahr and a new striker from Lakeline. Tomorrow, Lord willing, I plan on working on the extractor to see if the mod involving the "leg" of the extractor will work.