Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picked up a nice little PM9 today

Default Picked up a nice little PM9 today

Stopped by local pawn shop I frequent today. I usually go straight to the used firearms section of the store. I have found some gems there before. Spied a diamond black PM9 with night sights and four mags looking lonely . So I asked to see it and checked it over good. Everything looked great, a bit dry but still all good. As I was checking out, the owner said it was his PM9 and only had 100 rounds thru it with no problem. He went to a G43, oh well his loss . I brought it home , cleaned and lubed it. If it ever stops raining and blowing here, I plan to put some rounds down range and see how she performs. I've had a one time or another a P380,CM9,CW9,MK9, K9,T9, T40. ( I'm down to a T9 and this PM9 now ) So this is the first PM9 for me. Photos or it didn't happen right.

Last edited by got2hav1; 04-24-2018 at 05:36 PM.
    Sig P228, X5 L1
    Kahr T9, PM9
    P225, P365
    Sig P6,

Looks to be in fine shape.......................

Ahhh. The more I live with these little Kahrs the prettier they become. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right? Well done.
    ​O|||||||O

A DLC PM9 was my first Kahr, and in a few months it'll be 10 years ago since I bought it.

I also own a Glock 43, and like it as well. The G43 took a bit of work until I was satisfied with it, and it's had exactly one malfunction in many thousands of rounds.

The PM9 has NEVER had a malfunction of any sort. Coming up on 6,000 rounds, and it looks like new inside. I attribute the still flawless finish due to carrying it mostly in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster.

I shoot the G43 well, but the PM9 better. Such a versatile little gun! Pocket carry, IWB, OWB - the PM9 does it all very well.

I have enough spare springs on hand to last a lifetime, and I see no evidence of needing to replace anything else. Well made, simple design that's easy to care for, and utterly reliable.

Hope yours works as good as mine!

ED, that's a good testimony for the PM9. I hope mine is that good. Lots of people comment on the Kahr triggers in a negative way, but I shoot them pretty well.
    Sig P228, X5 L1
    Kahr T9, PM9
    P225, P365
    Sig P6,

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    A DLC PM9 was my first Kahr, and in a few months it'll be 10 years ago since I bought it.

I also own a Glock 43, and like it as well. The G43 took a bit of work until I was satisfied with it, and it's had exactly one malfunction in many thousands of rounds.

The PM9 has NEVER had a malfunction of any sort. Coming up on 6,000 rounds, and it looks like new inside. I attribute the still flawless finish due to carrying it mostly in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster.

I shoot the G43 well, but the PM9 better. Such a versatile little gun! Pocket carry, IWB, OWB - the PM9 does it all very well.

I have enough spare springs on hand to last a lifetime, and I see no evidence of needing to replace anything else. Well made, simple design that's easy to care for, and utterly reliable.

Hope yours works as good as mine!
    Ya know, My PM9 is my only 9mm handgun. It kind of spoiled me for any others.
    ​O|||||||O

How much did you pay?

I came from revolvers. The Kahr trigger took very little getting used to. My CM9 is like a compact revolver only with great sights, more ammo and a more powerful cartridge. I do not understand why these guns don't get more notice. I will never sell my J Frame revolvers but the CM9 is superior in about every way. As pointed out above, with a variety of holsters, it is possible to carry about anywhere legal. One other thing is I don't think a J Frame will handle shooting 5000 rounds as well as the CM9. That last comment will probably start a flame war but that is what I think.

Wasn't a great deal, but then it did have 4 mags. 600 OTD
    Sig P228, X5 L1
    Kahr T9, PM9
    P225, P365
    Sig P6,

If your happy with the deal, it's great deal. That's what matters. It is nearly new and you did get 4 mags. Ok, I'm happy too.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."