Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen

Thread: SWA 1380 Cockpit Tape. Calm in the face of adversity by all!

Default SWA 1380 Cockpit Tape. Calm in the face of adversity by all!

No doubt, did a great job. This in no way compares to what Sully did and his cool handling of the situation though.

A couple/few things....

-- the above comment wrt does not compare to Sully is, why the hell did you feel a need to say that?, completely irrelevant and unfair.
    -- this is how things operate/work in professional aviation. Good job, yes, but I would not have expected otherwise.
    -- there's been a lot ruckus over the pilot being ex-fighter pilot female. What the hell is that all about?
    NRA Benefactor

When I heard the emphasis on how cool and professional she was in the emergency, I just knew she was a military aviator. Military aviation emphasizes training, emergency procedures training, and practicing handling emergencies all of the time. Handling emergencies becomes second nature... as "muscle memory" does.
    She was an outstanding "pioneer" female aviator and a credit to her profession, not just her gender.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

^ Completely agree with all you wrote! The bit that bothers, and often incenses, me when things like this occur is the "and OMG it was a girl" nonsense that often/usually permeates discussion....like women are inherently lesser creatures or something.
    NRA Benefactor