Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Xssights
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Sig P365... it’s true what they say

I really have no quarrel with short action striker fired guns. My issue is with those that rely soley on the Glock style "Safe Action" style trigger configuration for trigger safety. To me, it's akin carrying a 1911 cocked and unlocked with the grip safety pinned....a scary concept to 1911 fans such as me. I'm quite used to manual safties and swiping them off is a long ingrained, reflex action that I actually muscle memory imitate with my two Glocks, as I mentally consider them S/A handguns,.
    NRA Benefactor

^^^Interesting take, although not all that surprising on a Kahr forum. I, too, am averse to the short-travel Glock style trigger. Nor am I particularly fond of manual safeties. That's why I carry a Kahr, HK LEM's, and just last night made a deal on a P365.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
    ^^^Interesting take, although not all that surprising on a Kahr forum. I, too, am averse to the short-travel Glock style trigger. Nor am I particularly fond of manual safeties. That's why I carry a Kahr, HK LEM's, and just last night made a deal on a P365.
    Great minds think alike! You just named all of my favorite firearms.

The H&K LEM triggers are, to me, the hidden gems in the EDC firearms universe. Inherently safe, but incredibly easy to shoot, for beginners or experts alike:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KVkWGMkOKE

p.s. If H&K came out with a single-stack LEM pistol, I'd probably sell off 90% of my gun collection because they would become obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post

p.s. If H&K came out with a single-stack LEM pistol, I'd probably sell off 90% of my gun collection because they would become obsolete.
    That would be nice. About the closest thing I’ve found that reminds me of what a single stack HK might be is an XDe. It has a DA/SA with a decocker/safety combo. Reminds me of my P30SK/s V3. But it’s not an HK, it’s heavy. I still would like to shoot one though to try it out. I saw it on the day it was released at the NRA show in Atlanta. I told them if it had been available earlier I would have bought it instead of my P30SK.

What I’ve found that I would think would be a single stack HK VP9 (another Glock knockoff) is the Walther PPS M2. Mine shoots very nice and has been flawless for the 600 rounds shot but it’s a tad heavy for its size. I saw a real deal on it and had to buy it.

I still ponder a VP9 only because it would use my collection of P30 mags. Time will tell.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

That LEM sounds an awful lot like a Para Ordnance LDA, easy take up to the 3 or 4# release. I like them myself. Some tried them and didn't like them.

The short reset is what's tripping me up on the LEM. I need to hold one of those I guess. Sounds real good either way.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Just my opinion but a long, moderately heavy pull helps those of us that are not trained to react in stressful situations to avoid mistakes under stress. For me that's what a Kahr trigger, and a good DA/SA hammer fired gun provide. I very much like the V3 HK's though I haven't shot an LEM so I'm thinking they could be too light. There are also mutiple variants of the LEM, some lighter than others. But if I mean to shoot, and do, and my second shot is going to be SA, or the same long, moderately heavy pull as the first shot then all the better. And it's easy to lighten up the DA pull on a good DA/SA gun with a lighter hammer spring. Until it feels much the same as a Kahr.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    That LEM sounds an awful lot like a Para Ordnance LDA, easy take up to the 3 or 4# release. I like them myself. Some tried them and didn't like them.

The short reset is what's tripping me up on the LEM. I need to hold one of those I guess. Sounds real good either way.
    I'm with you on this one. First I've heard of the LEM. Like the concept and if I were new. or relatively so, at shooting I'd probably look at it hard. But it would add a new manual of arms different from my 60 +years of shooting. Good and comfortable with my DAO revolver style and 1911 S/A regimens and don't really want to take another one on.
    NRA Benefactor

I can't speak for the LEM of course but the LDA (I have 3) would require no manual of arms change at all. It's a 1911. Safety is the same, more trigger take up to the wall and then the let off. Actually when you squeeze to the breaking point, it's exactly like a 1911.
    It's a bit more forgiving and doesn't frighten the sheep that are afraid of the hammer back look.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Cool Hk LEM

All of my Hk pistols were bought as, or converted to, LEM.
    For me it's the Voodoo trigger

I know it's strange.
    Seems like the opposite of a standard DA/SA.
    There are two hammers (or technically a hammer and a cocking piece)
    The internal one is cocked by the slide and stays cocked.
    The external is DAO.
    When you're actually shooting the gun, the slide is going to re-cock the internal hammer.
    So you have the light pull first and following shots (only driving the external DAO hammer).

Except if you have a bad primer.
    And the round doesn't fire.
    Then you will get the heavier double action like pull for a second strike capability.
    (Driving both internal and external hammers)

Although technically, I guess, LEM is DAO.
    It feels more to me like a modified SA with a very long and light pre-travel.

Usually having no external safety, "finger off the trigger till you're ready to fire" is very important.
    But the long pre-travel does afford a small amount of safety.

People seem to either love or hate LEM.
    Always recommend folks rent/borrow before they buy.
    The USP pistols have OEM LEM kits available.
    And can be converted DA/SA to LEM or LEM to DA/SA rather easily.

P series are not factory supported convertible.
    You can get the parts and convert DA/SA to LEM (with a hole where the external safety was).
    But a factory P series LEM has no hole for the safety (LEM to DA/SA).

Also, for some inexplicable reason, the version numbers are not the same between P series and USP guns.
    Be advised; P30 V1 (Light LEM) is NOT the same as USP V1.

That is all...

I don't love or hate the LEM trigger. I just like/prefer the regular old Da/Sa trigger myself on my HK. It all depends on what your purpose is, with that particular firearm. There are triggers that are good for out at the range practicing, and triggers that are good for defense. It's hard to get the perfect one for both.