CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Sig P365... it’s true what they say

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I can't speak for the LEM of course but the LDA (I have 3) would require no manual of arms change at all. It's a 1911. Safety is the same, more trigger take up to the wall and then the let off. Actually when you squeeze to the breaking point, it's exactly like a 1911.
    It's a bit more forgiving and doesn't frighten the sheep that are afraid of the hammer back look.
    Yeah, I hear what you're sayin'. But I never could cotton to the LDA trigger, either. Long take up just doesn't feel right in a 1911 style platform. And cocked and locked visual phobia is a non-problem, far as I'm concerned .
    NRA Benefactor

Aha, over the last 11 months I have not shot my PM9 as it has been completely replaced by my P365's. Two days ago I thought I would take the Kahr to the range for a workout. I ran my target down to 30 feet and as I usually do, dry fired just to reacquaint myself with the trigger. I kept drawing back and drawing back what seemed for a lifetime and finally "click". I ran about 100 rounds which I considered to be so-so. This was from a gun that I fired a 249/250 during qualification a couple of years ago. That long DA pull got the best of me. Just to remind myself I need to vary my guns, I went back the following day with a 686+ with 3" barrel and had a very successful shoot even at 25 yds.
    Moral of the story, be acquainted with everything you own.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    Moral of the story, be acquainted with everything you own.
    Wise statement right there and very true.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Wise statement right there and very true.
    Yep....at the heart of my long time addiction to only two action types/styles. At least for carry/defense. 1911 and DA revolver.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Yep....at the heart of my long time addiction to only two action types/styles. At least for carry/defense. 1911 and DA revolver.
    Hard to not love the classics.
    Have four revolvers and still carry one as a BUG.
    Have exactly one 1911 and carry it off and on.
    Consider my Sig DA/SA guns classics and also carry on occasion.

But sadly, the polymer wonders of this world have taken their toll.
    Mostly carry Hk and Ruger these days...

I'll never let go of the classics though

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Exactly!
    no, they are not. Unless you pull the trigger all the way back, the trigger safety wont let the glock fire. and you can swap springs to make the trigger heavier than most DA revolver pulls, too. I detest glocks, but they are NOT unsafe. Dummies have had AD's with DAO revolvers, SA autos, etc.

That’s why Glocks are unsafe, dummies do dumb things like letting the trigger get pulled all the way back.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    That’s why Glocks are unsafe, dummies do dumb things like letting the trigger get pulled all the way back.
    ...and with no effective short action safety to stop them. That triigger lever thingy "safety" is just a bad joke.
    NRA Benefactor

people have fired ND's with DAO autos and revolvers, DA SA autos, and a LOT of times it's happened with SA auto's. I've personally seen it happen several times and had it happen myself once. Thought I'd shot my left arm, crossdraw. But when we went to score, there were 4 hits in the A zone, so a premature 1 handed point shot got the chest at 5 yds. :-) I've posted some sub .55 times for a reaction time, draw and hit the chest at arm's length, from a speed rig, from hands at sides, which were not very controlled, too. I've had one boot shot, showing off from behind the hip, IWB. Damned hooked front sight on a .22 unit on a Colt Gold Cup frame, got caught on my undershorts. Blew a hole out the back of my pants, powder-burned me pretty good, too. Those stupid holsters with the security tab near the trigger are just ASKING to shoot yourself. here's one for all the .45 ball believers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paxk_LPmdMI not only was he not downed, he was able to walk afterwards.

pics of the wound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEuBXWujeYQ

Shot himself with a .44 mag to prove his armor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwBLL7Z3OvU

dont attempt suicide with a gun. It's a reflex to pull it off target as you fire

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+I+shot+myself

you can end up a vegetable that can't how to finish the job. a horrible "life". Instead, wear a diaper, use a rubber sheet, in a motel, rented for 2 days, so your family doesn't find you, a couple of plastic bags tied around your neck and a couple of over the counter sleeping pills. Dont take more, cause doing so might make you vomit.

Glock Leg will definitely wake you up in the morning - LOL