Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Magnum Research new
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365... it’s true what they say

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I’ve tried to like the 365. On paper, it seems ideal. I’ve never shot one, so I have that against me, but the looks don’t appeal to me and the capacity isn’t that much more than my MagGuts Shield, or my hopefully soon to be MagGutsed CW9.

For a small CCW or pocket gun, I really want something with a Kahr-like trigger. The short light Shield trigger isn’t very comforting.
    This is the crux of it for me too. Three or four extra rounds would be nice in the same size package as a Kahr. But carrying a Kahr is a lot like carrying a revolver with an exceptional DA trigger. IMO it's always been one of the two best things about my Kahrs, the other being the package itself. Too bad the trend right now is heavy on the SA striker fired trigger/action, as I'd love to see that P365 done in either a DA/SA or a DAO. Tried Glocks and glock-like pocket pistols, sold them all.

Looking cool at all times being my primary objective I don't find the P365 asthetically pleasing. Not fond of the high bore axis, it kind of screams Sigma to me.
    That being said a few officers here have them and they feel good in hand and they say they shoot well. Being used to their duty Glocks, the trigger isn't a big transition for them.
    If I found a screaming deal on one and the planets aligned and I had the money at the moment, I'd probably buy one.

The capacity of the Kahrs have never bothered me in the least, I don't mind adding a magazine or two or 10 as needed depending on where I'm going.
    The likely hood of citizen sheepdogs needing lots of rounds is unlikely although that doesn't mean we shouldn't plan for the unlikely scenarios.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have held, and dry fired the 365. The trigger is pretty good. If I did not own a PM9 already, might be interested. But...I do not carry my PM9 as my only pistol. It is mainly a BUG, so having 6 vs 10 is not a big concern for me. After I settle in for the evening, I often walk the dog with only the PM9 in my pocket. But I don't get more than 2-300 yards from the house.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    This is the crux of it for me too. Three or four extra rounds would be nice in the same size package as a Kahr. But carrying a Kahr is a lot like carrying a revolver with an exceptional DA trigger. IMO it's always been one of the two best things about my Kahrs, the other being the package itself. Too bad the trend right now is heavy on the SA striker fired trigger/action, as I'd love to see that P365 done in either a DA/SA or a DAO. Tried Glocks and glock-like pocket pistols, sold them all.
    x2...
    NRA Benefactor

I’ve spent the last several months shooting primarily revolvers, and carrying one. A Kahr is like carrying a 7 or 8 round revolver that’s pocket size and has mild recoil.

Well, here is another opinion. I own a MK9 and a CM9, both are great guns, but...…..What I am carrying now is a P365. I liked the looks, I liked the size and I liked the trigger, and it came standard with night sights. Ordered it without ever holding one in my hand, waited for 80 days to get it and have put 1850 rounds downrange through it so far. Another good thing is it fits the same holsters I already had for my Kahr's. The trigger has a shorter take up with a definite break and is as easy to pull as the Kahrs. What the advantage to the trigger in my opinion is that I know when it will brake and the shorter pull allows quicker recovery time for additional shots. I won't be selling my Kahrs but they are safe queens for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeo74 View Post
    Well, here is another opinion. I own a MK9 and a CM9, both are great guns, but...…..What I am carrying now is a P365. I liked the looks, I liked the size and I liked the trigger, and it came standard with night sights. Ordered it without ever holding one in my hand, waited for 80 days to get it and have put 1850 rounds downrange through it so far. Another good thing is it fits the same holsters I already had for my Kahr's. The trigger has a shorter take up with a definite break and is as easy to pull as the Kahrs. What the advantage to the trigger in my opinion is that I know when it will brake and the shorter pull allows quicker recovery time for additional shots. I won't be selling my Kahrs but they are safe queens for now.
    To each his own. But I gotta say I don't care much for Glock style actions. Effectively S/A's with no safety.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    To each his own. But I gotta say I don't care much for Glock style actions. Effectively S/A's with no safety.
    Exactly!

Single action with no safety? You couldn't be more wrong. All striker fired guns that are single actions with no external safety, all have internal safety features that prevent the gun from firing unless the trigger is pulled. That includes Kahr's and Sig P365's, Glocks are somewhat different because the only thing keeping it from discharging is the trigger safety which is easily overcome by light manipulation of that trigger safety when re-holstering or when you don't use good trigger finger control. Kahr's and Sigs don't use a trigger press type safety and are less likely to discharge when re-holstering. . I have never heard of any striker fired Sig P365 or Kahr's having a negligent discharge when re-holstering or any other reason except for negligent action by the shooter. I agree with you, I would not ever own a Glock, however both Kahr's and Sig P365 are totally safe without an external safety and I own both of them and have no desire to have an external safety on any of my striker fired guns. External safeties are just another thing you might forget to toke of safety in an emergency when your life depends on a quick defensive action.

Glocks are somewhat different because the only thing keeping it from discharging is the trigger safety which is easily overcome by light manipulation of that trigger safety when re-holstering or when you don't use good trigger finger control.
    that’s the point! It’s like a 1911 without the thumb and grip safeties in that regard.