Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365... it’s true what they say

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    ..I pocket carry and was wondering about the width at the bottom of the magazine that prints in jeans, is it much wider there than a PM9?..
    Bottom of grip/mag measurements
    Side to side:
    cm9/pm9 = .90 in.
    P360 = .98 in.

Front to rear
    cm9/pm9 = 1.91 in.
    P380 = 1.73 in.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I was thinking about one, but decided I didn't want a SIG without a hammer or the DA/SA trigger.

Looks like a nice gun. I would be interested to see how well these magazines workout down the road, cost, availability etc. This gun is unique in the fact it was developed around a magazine. Personally I am not interested in the higher capacity mags. Most small compact guns come with 7 or 8 round mags anyway. And the idea is to cut down on weight. JMO
    Personally I would prefer it with out the bulky slide lock which is totally unnecessary to begin with. Nor is it the correct way. A snag free design on a small-sub compact is more desirable.

"As with any gun of this type, it doesn’t take much to engage the slide lock/release during a multi-shot string, and the most common side effect is a failure of the gun to lock open on an empty magazine. The P365’s slide lock can also be pressed upward, causing additional friction as the slide reciprocates and, in the worst case, can prevent the slide from returning fully to battery, resulting in failures to fire and identifiable by light primer strikes. The bottom line, in my opinion, is that the P365 definitely requires training and practice to perfect its use. Worst than a desire to have a safety on a carry gun. NRA review
    I do like the night sights and the trigger at 5.5-6lbs is better for fast action shooting combined with CCW than many of the striker fired Glass break triggers out there. From some of the descriptions, it does appear to more of a double action. Hopefully so.

If I would get one, I would most definitely wait a year rather than buy new run guns. I learned the lesson to have patience a long time ago. Also they plan on making the gun a Modular grip design in the near future. (late Spring). Having owned modular pistols, I do not want to go back without them. I think you will see in the future more gun with this design. Obviously Sig see's it as well.
    That would IMO be a big bonus.

Waiting patiently for the range report from yqtszhj.

My local indoor range has a P365 available to rent as well. Next range trip, I'm gonna try it out.

I'm running out of excuses to not buy one. A thumbs up from my personal gun purchase adviser will push me over the edge....

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Waiting patiently for the range report from yqtszhj.

My local indoor range has a P365 available to rent as well. Next range trip, I'm gonna try it out.

I'm running out of excuses to not buy one. A thumbs up from my personal gun purchase adviser will push me over the edge....
    Range report forthcoming either Tuesday or Thursday next week..... stay tuned.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Visit here:

Crap. Walked into my LGS today, and there was a customer there that had one with him.

He was happy to show it off, and let me dry fire it. Damn, that trigger is nice!

Didn't fit well in my CM9 kydex pocket holster, but it'll do just fine in a DeSantis Nemesis.

According to that customer, Sig has temporarily halted production of most of their other models, and is ramping up production of the P365 big time. They should be in plentiful supply shortly.

I'm #1 on the waiting list at my LGS.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Crap. Walked into my LGS today, and there was a customer there that had one with him.....
    Thats the story of my life. That’s how I have ended up with most of what I have.

Visit here:

Dang, sounds like Sig has found the magic gun.

New Hampshire, Maine, Texas, Louisiana, Germany, England, Massachusetts, Idaho

Congrats, I've decided this will be my Christmas 2018 present to myself, I want to let the early adopters be the beta testers and 10 months should be just about right if there is going to be problems we should be seeing them soon enough - will be interested in your range reviews

I shot another 50 rounds from my P365 using my MK9 Garrets holster. No problems and ammo seems to be used quite a bit faster when shooting the Sig. I better get busy on my reloader. I am going to need a lot more ammo now.