Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365... it’s true what they say

The P365 is a bit thicker and I much prefer my PM9 for pocket carry but I wear a lot of jeans. Dress pants with 11 rounds may make the P365 feel heavy in the pocket. In today's world of large cell phones in one's pocket, that is your call.
    As you can tell I am not a photographer but maybe this will help.

"Never pet a burning dog"

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Thick grip, probably feels like the difference in my CM45 and my Glock 30SF.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

The picture is an optical illusion, actual measurements are less than .08 in wider. Measured with calipers, not by me however.

Yeah I guess it is a bit thicker but I didn’t notice it because I have that hogue handall on my cm9 so it actually feels smaller with no grip sleeve. The smaller front to rear on the p365 balances it out though I guess.

Range Report:
    150 rounds of S&B FMJ
    10 rounds of Sig SD ammo
    11 rounds of Federal HST

No problems at all. I can even ride the slide on the Sig SD rounds and even with their large flat hollow point they feed fine. The wife shot about 70 of the FMJ rounds and she liked it (she did shoot up my PVC pipe target stand though but that’s another story. Now I have to fix that.) I tried to limp wrist it to induce a failure and couldn’t get it to fail.

It shot very well for me and grouped nicely. The wife started out OK then she started shooting faster and that was when my target stand became a casualty. It does seem maybe a little more snappy than my cm9 but not uncomfortable at all. I get back on target much easier with the p365 than my cm9. I really like the grip texture. It doesn’t slip in the hand at all. I’m seriously thinking about selling my G26 and it’s accesories to fund another P365 but haven’t decided yet. The Sig is significantly lighter and smaller which is appealing.

I was going to shoot another 50 FMJ but shooting was so uneventful I just saved the ammo for next trip.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I cycled some of my self defense hand loads using Speer Gold Dot 124 gr. They shot and cycled perfectly through my P365. No failures yet. It's good to know it will cycle 100% of my Gold Dots. Those are my carry ammo. I carried my gun in the house for practice and the wife didn't know I had it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeo74 View Post
    The picture is an optical illusion, actual measurements are less than .08 in wider. Measured with calipers, not by me however.
    Pictures can give the wrong impression but in my hand the P365 having a more rounded grip definitely feels larger than that .08 measurement you gave. In my opinion this firearrm gives you the option of carrying a lot more ammo in a gun that is "slightly larger" PM9. Make note the additional ammo will also add weight.

If I have any complaint with my PM9 it is the long trigger stroke. Slow fire offhand with the PM9 was always a challenge for me. The P365 trigger with it's short reset is a joy to shoot offhand.

In my hand, shooting the P365 with the 12 round mag is cheating. My groups are as tight as with my P226 or M11A1.

Ammo wise, I have fired a dozen different loads with no problems and this included the hot 90 gr. solid copper Underwood Extreme Defender which I now carry when I am out of the house.

The internet complaints with the P365 and there are plenty, usually fall into two groups.
    1. Real, which Sig immediately replaced for those who felt the need. (the recoil spring replaced and barrel needed a tiny chamfer cut to insure against galling). All the "new" guns were fitted with the upgrade Sig X-ray night sights which BTW, I find are not that great in some low light situations.
    2. User error, with the most prevalent "the slide will not lock back on the last round", "Mags drop while firing", "failure to eject or feed", etc.
    The few "light strikes" comments were usually traced back to excess grease, oil, or crud in the striker channel.

As I declare every shift at my range, all small gun shooters should be forced to take a class on how to handle and shoot these little gems without having the above listed problems.

BTW, I still love and will never part with my PM9 which I continue to keep at the top of the list as a pocket gun.
    Last edited by 340pd; 05-01-2018 at 09:41 AM.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I agree, almost all P365 problems are used caused. I have been shooting small guns for quite a while and have had none of the problems that others are complaining of.

Stumbled across one on my way home from a four State motorcycle ride. Very happy with it.20180430_095227.jpg

I'm a huge PM9 fan and own a couple of them as well as a P380 and a couple of additional Kahrs. I bought a P365 when they first became available and received a replacement set of sights from Sig but have not had any issues after 200+ rounds. I bought a December 2018 build P365 and it came in a smaller, cooler case and with improved sights but has also had zero issues. It fits in my pair of PM9 CrossBreed IWB Kydex/Leather holsters and my StealthGear VentCore Kydex holster as well. The PM9 is lighter and ever so slightly smaller. I prefer the PM9 with the factory mags. but the P365 with the 12 round mag is my new favorite. I'll continue using the PM9 in summer with minimalist clothing and the P365 most of the rest of the time. BTW, I also have a G43 that I like as well but it is significantly larger IMO.

yqtszhj, Just face it you're in love with the sweet little sig.

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Bottom of grip/mag measurements
    Side to side:
    cm9/pm9 = .90 in.
    P360 = .98 in.

Front to rear
    cm9/pm9 = 1.91 in.
    P380 = 1.73 in.