Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Polishing The K9 PICTURES INSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse View Post
    I missed the grip screws thing earlier. The factory grip screws should work fine. They do on both of my K9s with those grips. One pretty easy way to take up some space that has another advantage is taking a small o-ring and putting it under the screws. You have to find a pretty thin one. The additional advantage is it keeps the screws from backing out while shooting too.
    I believe you are correct sir. I realized that I had put the stock screws to the side as Kahr used regular steel, which I can not polish, and had stuck some extra stainless 1911 screws in their place. So, I will get some longer, stainless, hex heads and shorten them up. I do have some of those little orings left from a different set of 1911 grips, so I may need to do as you say. Thanks for the advice!

About that rear sight...On Dawson Precision's site they explain that there were 2 different slides available on the K9. Good to know if any of you ever go to replace yours! Apparently I have the old style, so you can see why the ill fitment. I have a dispute going for a refund on the existing sights. If that falls through, I've already ordered the correct sight, so I will donate that rear sight to any forum member who wants it and has the newer slide. We shall see. I will update here if thats what ends up happening.
    1EF615C8-7FFC-4988-8547-21AA573CE8D9.jpg

your work is awesome, but I prefer the finish on the Mk. I have a MK9 03 elite and was wondering how hard it would be to put that finish on my pistol ???

Quote Originally Posted by linksrds View Post
    your work is awesome, but I prefer the finish on the Mk. I have a MK9 03 elite and was wondering how hard it would be to put that finish on my pistol ???
    I plan to do the same to my MK, once it cools down outside.
    As far as difficulty polishing your MK, that would be relevant to your experience, or your pocket ($). I have about a month of nights out in my workshop sanding, filing, stoning and buffing the K9 to get it as you see. If you have not done one prior, I would recommend starting on a cheaper gun, watching youtube how to videos, and doing research on it. Wouldn't want to see you mess up your beautiful MK!
    OR... you can pay to have yours done. I have no idea how much a gunsmith would charge to polish one to this level, but I bet it would be North of $300.

I’m not usually a fan of polished stainless. But, that thing looks like a bowl of mercury.

Thats exceptionally well done. I dont see a wave or chatter mark anywhere.

Thank you for the kind compliments!