Xssights   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahrs Are Like Rabbits... (Must Be the Stainless Alloy)

Default Kahrs Are Like Rabbits... (Must Be the Stainless Alloy)

Yup, it seems that in my household anyhow, Kahrs are like rabbits.

They don't even have to SLEEP together -- but they still will multiply -- and I'm thinking it MUST be the stainless alloy.

My old PM9 was sold to my son-in-law and replaced by a P40 Covert, which proved to be a little too snappy for me... So that one got traded for a P9 Covert which served me well for many years. So for quite awhile, maybe 10 years or so, I had a "one Kahr" household -- that is, until I found a Kahr K9 at a decent price, the one model that I'd always lusted over.

Yeah, it must be the added volume of the all stainless piece................

'Cause very soon after, my son-in-law sold me back a little CW380 that he wasn't using, so I'd have a Kahr option for very-discrete carry, those times if/when the K9 was a little too much. And now, I've just won an auction for a little used Kahr T9.

Uh oh...

ANOTHER all stainless Kahr is coming home to roost...

Lordy, I wonder what Kahr I'll get next after the K9 and CW380 get together with larger T9... It'll be a Menage-a-Kahr for sure!

Not complaining, mind you, just wondering what it is about that stainless alloy?!?!?!

I'm hoping for a K380 by the way -- an all stainless 380 -- just to complete the SS set.

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

I lust for a T9 and have for some time. I'd adore a T45, I surely would. Or a K45, or a MK45. Don't matter none to me.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

This is the closest I have come to a K380, so far..., shown next to my P380.

Kicks like a little mule...

Frame & Barrel (the barrel is part of the frame) made by Kahr. Slide made by North American Arms. To clean, the gun breaks down into 3 pieces.

-Wlf
    IMG_0655.jpgIMG_0656.jpg

Never in my born days seen one of those, never heard of them till now.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Now that’s interesting. A square barrel?
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Please control any reflex to drool over this gun. I had one when it first came out. The good news was it was well-built and robust, almost too robust in that its 18 oz. outweighed a PM9, a Kel-Tec P11 or a Sig P230 in .380. The bad news was that it was a blowback design that, even in .380, had very painful recoil, much more so than lightweight .40s I had shot. It was also the most inaccurate pistol that I have ever owned and, at a 7 yards, it was iffy as to whether the rounds could be kept on an IDPA target, perhaps because the rounds that did hit were obviously keyholed. I had thought that I gotten a turkey, but I later came across a review in the April 2006 issue in Gun-Tests Magazine that corroborated what I had observed. It was titled: A Trio of Pocket .380 ACPs: Steer Clear of NAA’s Guardian

Man, just in time, I started to empty my drool cup just to be safe when I saw your post.

No need to empty now, I'll be ok, really I will.

I didn't make the NAA connection. That solved some of the mystery, course most things are mysteries to me.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I musta gotten a good one. It kicks like a PM40, but hits where I aim, and eats everything. Even Perfecta. It is not my choice for 15 yards, but at 10 yards and closer, I can hit what I aim at.

As finpro alluded to, it kicks like a PM40. So much so, that I thought, “Can this gun take this?”. However, if I want a gun to go bang EVERY time, this is the gun I pick up.

It is a better “open carry” gun than my P380 since it’s dimensions ride below your waistline, without having to be “tucked-in”.

Every gun I own is a compromise. This one is not light. The sights are small. The recoil is ferocious, but my first pistol was a “Baby Glock” in .357SIG. So, recoil makes me giggle. And the thing is built like a brick... you finish the sentence.

My P380 is still my “back” pocket EDC (check my posts re. PocketHolsters.com).

You need to understand what this gun is. A shooter. Every time. Not finicky. Over-built. Would I steer you clear of a P380, for this one? No. Do you want a Kahr steel .380 that goes bang every time, and that you won’t have to worry about it breaking? Yep.

It’s heavy. Close to the MK40.

However, back to the original post. Kahr doesn’t make a K380. This wa the closest I found, and is why I chose it over a MK40 that only cost $100 more. I carry it more than I would have carried the MK40.

YMMV

-Wlf

*Another, and more probable reason, is that $279 was a lot easier to justify than a $379 MK40, when I didn’t need (believe me, I still want one) an MK40.

Lastly, I wouldn’t have bought it if the frame & barrel hadn’t been made by Kahr. That being said, I was so pleasantly surprised, that I provided this post. In short, I love it.

Well crap, maybe I better empty the drool cup anyhow just in case.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

For me, it all started 8 years ago when I bought a P380, followed by a CW9 and four more Kahrs just to keep those two company. i still carry the P380 in my back pocket in a DeSantis holster daily I can hit effectively at 10 yards with that pistol and trust it 100%. I did buy a CW380 for my wife and it is totally reliable and she shoots it quite well. I have shot other pistols, I am very comfortable with the safety and reliability of the Kahr firearms.