Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kahrs Are Like Rabbits... (Must Be the Stainless Alloy)

Quote Originally Posted by Wlfman13 View Post
    I musta gotten a good one. It kicks like a PM40, but hits where I aim, and eats everything. Even Perfecta. It is not my choice for 15 yards, but at 10 yards and closer, I can hit what I aim at.

As finpro alluded to, it kicks like a PM40. So much so, that I thought, “Can this gun take this?”. However, if I want a gun to go bang EVERY time, this is the gun I pick up.

It is a better “open carry” gun than my P380 since it’s dimensions ride below your waistline, without having to be “tucked-in”.

Every gun I own is a compromise. This one is not light. The sights are small. The recoil is ferocious, but my first pistol was a “Baby Glock” in .357SIG. So, recoil makes me giggle. And the thing is built like a brick... you finish the sentence.

My P380 is still my “back” pocket EDC (check my posts re. PocketHolsters.com).

You need to understand what this gun is. A shooter. Every time. Not finicky. Over-built. Would I steer you clear of a P380, for this one? No. Do you want a Kahr steel .380 that goes bang every time, and that you won’t have to worry about it breaking? Yep.

It’s heavy. Close to the MK40.

However, back to the original post. Kahr doesn’t make a K380. This wa the closest I found, and is why I chose it over a MK40 that only cost $100 more. I carry it more than I would have carried the MK40.

YMMV

-Wlf

*Another, and more probable reason, is that $279 was a lot easier to justify than a $379 MK40, when I didn’t need (believe me, I still want one) an MK40.

Lastly, I wouldn’t have bought it if the frame & barrel hadn’t been made by Kahr. That being said, I was so pleasantly surprised, that I provided this post. In short, I love it.
    Although larger and much heavier, the Guardian is basically a copy of the Seecamp design. There are a few other differences as well, but it's basically a copy. Nothing wrong with that mind you...heck, our Kahrs bear an uncanny resemblance to Glocks in more ways than one.

I own a .32 Seecamp, and it's the only gun I have that I doubt I'll ever part with. Mine has been perfect, with not a single malfunction of any kind using four different types of ammunition. It is actually quite pleasant to shoot, and the recoil is very mild for such a small pistol. It's an absolutely beautiful work of art, and it's easy to forget you have it in your pocket.

Seecamp also makes a .380 version, which amazingly is the same size and weight as the .32. Now I don't own the .380 version (and probably never will), but lots of my fellow Seecampers do...which brings me to the point of my post. Try to find a .380 Seecamp that you can put a few rounds through, after which the recoil from your Guardian will probably feel like that of a BB gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Old No7 View Post
    Yup, it seems that in my household anyhow, Kahrs are like rabbits...

Lordy, I wonder what Kahr I'll get next after the K9 and CW380 get together with larger T9... It'll be a Menage-a-Kahr for sure!

Old No7
    Not sure what you'd call it -- a Kahr Kahllection? -- but a CT380 followed me home the other day...

Geez, I wonder what's next after this?

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

Quote Originally Posted by Old No7 View Post
    Not sure what you'd call it -- a Kahr Kahllection? -- but a CT380 followed me home the other day...

Geez, I wonder what's next after this?

Old No7
    It's a Kahrnucopia of Kahrs.