Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member from the Florida Panhandle

Default New Member from the Florida Panhandle

Hello I'm Gene, long time gun owner and shooter. 8 yrs USMC (76-84); Long time IDPA competitor. I build 1911 and work on most all guns ( basic stuff, not a gunsmith by any stretch...lol). I've owned many pistols , but 1st time with Kahr (CT40). I'm very impressed with the Kahr, except for the MIMS parts( as a rule, I immediately swap out MIMS for forged or milled.). Glad to be here.

Welcome.
    Few reported problems reported with Kahr's MIMS parts.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Near Panama City? Fantastic beaches, white as salt....welcome to the site!
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Pensacola and yes, pristine beaches along the Emerald Coast, but we all it "sugar sand".....lol I was stationed at El Toro and LTA Tustin, back in the 80's. I have to say, Florida beaches are better...lol

Howdy!

Welcome aboard CCHGN!

If you don't mind me asking, who were you with at El Toro? I was with H&MS-11 (73-77) and MWHS-3 (94-01, we were one of the last units to leave El Toro in 99).

Semper Fi,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Welcome!

WOW, our forum is getting loaded up with Marines……It must mean we're COOL and tough….I guess.

WELCOME

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Welcome aboard CCHGN!

If you don't mind me asking, who were you with at El Toro? I was with H&MS-11 (73-77) and MWHS-3 (94-01, we were one of the last units to leave El Toro in 99).

Semper Fi,
    Greg
    I was attached to H&M for less than a year, then transferred to LTA Tustin, with H&M. supporting CH46 Chinooks and CH53 Sea stallions. Before that, I was also at MCAS Yuma, Az with VTO-513, AV8A Harriers and then Iwakuni Japan for 2 yrs, where I got TAD to NAS Subic Bay Semper Fi. Gene

Quote Originally Posted by CCHGN View Post
    I was attached to H&M for less than a year, then transferred to LTA Tustin, with H&M. supporting CH46 Chinooks and CH53 Sea stallions. Before that, I was also at MCAS Yuma, Az with VTO-513, AV8A Harriers and then Iwakuni Japan for 2 yrs, where I got TAD to NAS Subic Bay Semper Fi. Gene
    Small world, I was also with VMA-513 for a bit; we had AV8B's (with a few night attack variants) then. The rest of my time at Yuma was with MALS-13.

I spent quite a few years at MCAS Iwakuni: 77-82 with H&MS-12, 83-88 at MCC-3 and there again 93-94.

I hit Cubi Point and Subic Bay a few times when I was a courier for classified material.

I had some buds that were at LTA. I use to live just down the road from it off Red Hill. You threw me a bit with the "Chinooks" (CH47) thing, as I glanced right over the CH46 part. The Phrog and Super Stallion squadrons moved to MCAS Miramar when Tustin closed.

SF,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>