Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: New member and new 1st time Kahr owner, problems with new CT40

Default New member and new 1st time Kahr owner, problems with new CT40

Hello all,
    Looking forward to breaking in the new CT40 but have to clear some questions first. New gun, received last night. took it apart for cleaning. Reassembled but couldn't fully seat the slide stop because (per the factory tech rep) the slide stop spring was damaged during manufacture. OK, a $7 dollar part. OK. My real concern is a serious bow in the frame forward of the front guide rails. There is a .065" outward bow on the left side. Again the Kahr tech rep said that is common for the polymer frame, and it would't affect function or durability(I own a lot of polymer guns and never saw that). Is this true?- I'm wondering how much of the steel guides in the area is still in the frame.
    I got an RMA but now I gotta pay next day air and that kills the goood deal I got. I know WAAAAA deal with it soldier. OK that feels better.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

The bowed frame is designed that way. But it should be symmetrical. Can you double check to confirm it’s the same on both sides? You can use the metal slide rails as a reference. Those are straight.

Welcome. You will enjoy that CT40.
    ​O|||||||O

Thanks for the reply B4uqzme. Not symmetrical. Reference from inside the rail to max bow, RS is .177", LS is .201"(shoulda gone further in the analysis). And I am looking forward to the CT40 soon as I get this cleared up. It has a great feel, nice trigger.
    Last edited by travelinbob; 05-02-2018 at 08:01 PM. Reason: error

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Did you purchase it new? If so, it should go back on Kahr's dime...
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Thanks Bobshouse. It is new. I'll give it a try again today. It is Kahr's screwup.

A picture would be most helpful but I'm thinking it's completely normal and there by design.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

LOVE, LOVE , LOVE my CT40. No issues like that.

Sorry Bawanna I tried to load pics 3 times and no luck. The bow is normal but should be symmetrical -mine is out by .024"
    Update- called Kahr again, gave more info (rep said uneven bow was out of tolerance), I said I shouldn't have to pay next day air shipping because of something Kahr's QC should have caught. The rep agreed and sent me a pre-paid shipping label. Thumbs up to Kahr customer service-so far.

^^^ sorry to hear you gotta send it back but you are on your way. It’s worth the effort. You will also love that gun once it’s back. My P40 is my 90% of the time carry pistol.
    ​O|||||||O