Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Forged or Milled Parts

Default Forged or Milled Parts

Does anyone have any info on anyone who makes forged or milled parts for the Kahr? I called Kahr and they said ALL parts( except frame, slide and barrel) are MIMS, on all pistols (because I was thinking the parts on the TP40 were better and I could take the parts off the TP40 and put them on my CT40, to upgrade).

Quote Originally Posted by CCHGN View Post
    Does anyone have any info on anyone who makes forged or milled parts for the Kahr? I called Kahr and they said ALL parts( except frame, slide and barrel) are MIMS, on all pistols (because I was thinking the parts on the TP40 were better and I could take the parts off the TP40 and put them on my CT40, to upgrade).
    After market parts for Kahr pistols are mostly sights, slide rear plates, guide rods, springs, and magazine base plates/extensions. In addition to those, Lakeline LLC also offers metal magazine followers, G10 grips, and a striker upgrade (for the CW/P380)

FWIW, "P" series slide stops have a MIM lever and a bar stock pin, also I don't believe the trigger bar is MIM on any Kahr pistol.
    In my experience, the MIM parts on Kahr pistols are in spec, durable and, with an exception for the 380 striker, not prone to breakage.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Yes, the bar is stamped, according to Kahr, which makes sense. I just don't trust MIMS, I've seen where many have bubbles and uneven tempering, etc.. I worked in the Aeronautical field and was the expediter, to send out CNC machined parts ( for fighter jets, from forged billet) for xray and ultrasounds, etc. looking for microscopic flaws (which would be immediately rejected). I'm kinda anal that way about my parts. I'm looking for forged slide stop, sear, cam, pins, ejector, etc. Funny, there's dozens of companies making them for 1911, but not Kahr, a USA company. I called Kahr and asked if I could swap out the TP40 parts, to my CT40, thinking they might be forged or milled, but he said that they're ALL MIMS. Shoot, even Glock has after market back plates, with different logos and Punisher and Infidel ,etc.
    Last edited by CCHGN; 05-04-2018 at 08:15 PM.

I found a place that makes the rear slide plate from Aluminum Billet, that can engraved and/or anodized. https://www.ndzperformance.com/Kahr-s/8544.htm

I just found out that the P/PM/T/TP40 slide stop pin is milled. Woohoo I picked up a T40 polygonal rifling barrel for $50. Btw, I just realized what some may be thinking, "If ya want better parts, why not just get a T or TP? " I get that, but this CT40 is a gift from my DW, so I have to work with what I got, unless I wanna move out into the dog house....lol
    Last edited by CCHGN; 05-06-2018 at 04:46 AM.