Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from E. Texas

Side note, I also take 600 mg Alpha Lipolic Acid per day. Onlynthing proven to help heal those damaged nerves.

Well I hate to be the wet blanket, but the rack is hard on purpose. JMB designed the 1911 to have a 5" barrel. If you've had the chance to rack a 5" 1911, you'll see that it's alot easier to rack.The mass of the slide and strength of the recoil spring is a specific formula, in order to recoil, strip the round from the mag and shove it into the chamber, especially in rapid fire. When you shorten the barrel (and the slide) the less mass causes trouble with reliability, so they have to put in a stronger recoil spring to make up for the less mass. Pro shooters have to put in new recoil springs on a regular basis. Just know that when you lessen the recoil spring or weaken it, to make it easier to rack, you're messing with the reliability. The only real solution is to strengthen your grip and pulling power, or get a bigger gun.

Thanks for the information. I do need to get my grip stronger.

I'm in East Texas myself. Not always much of a help, but usually available if need be.

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Howdy.

Lube the slide and clean it often. It will loosen up some with use. All small .380s tend to be ammo sensitive. Find one that is reliable and accurate and stick with it.

I gave up on small .380s and have the police surplus CZ83 in .380 that is a winner. They are of production. I picked it up a couple of years ago for $200.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice gun. Good shooting! I love the ct380. It is a great small shooter. I just need to get where I can rack it better. I am going to try the arachnid tape. I am going to keep it. Thanks for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by feilixm View Post
    Nice gun. Good shooting! I love the ct380. It is a great small shooter. I just need to get where I can rack it better. I am going to try the arachnid tape. I am going to keep it. Thanks for your input.
    If you are patient and have the steadiness of a draftsman you can buy some skate board tape and do it yourself. My Hubby filed serrations with the tape and added a strip on the front of the grip. It works very well for me!
    I seriously doubt I would be successful with that kind of work…..I can't even draw a straight line with a ruler, we each have our talents.

Welcome to the forum