Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Springfield dumps Dick's Sporting

Default Springfield dumps Dick's Sporting

Got this in an email today:

GENESEO, IL, (05/03/18) – Springfield Armory is severing ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, in response to their hiring a group for anti-Second Amendment lobbying.
    This latest action follows Dick’s Sporting Goods’ decision to remove and destroy all modern sporting rifles (MSR) from their inventory. In addition, they have denied Second Amendment rights to Americans under the age of 21. We at Springfield Armory believe that all law abiding American citizens of adult age are guaranteed this sacred right under our Constitution.
    It is clear where Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, stand on the Second Amendment, and we want to be clear about our message in response. Their position runs counter to what we stand for as a company. At Springfield Armory, we believe in the right and principles fought for and secured by American patriots and our founding forefathers, without question. We will not accept Dick’s Sporting Goods’ continued attempts to deny Second Amendment freedoms to our fellow Americans.

Sent back a nice little thank you. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I was in one of their stores and I've never even heard of Field and Stream except for the magazine.

Hopefully other manufacturers will follow suit. One of my co-workers came into our range today with a new XDM target model. Since he had bought a couple guns in the last week I asked him why. He cited Springfield's decision to drop Dicks. He called Springfield to tell them of his decision and their customer service was bombed with support calls.
    To that do not own an XDm, it is a crazy easy gun to shoot accurately and their customer service is great.
    My 2¢
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Dick's won't get any of my money!!!

My Lord, a sporting good store banning "The American Sporting rifle"…..ironic!

Now they are hiring an anti second amendment lobbing group, my head spins

^^ Really doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense, does it? Best I can remember, I've never been in a Dick's store so have zero personal knowledge of their culture. Doesn't seem attuned to what I'd see as their expected market demographic, though. Whatever... Kudos to Springfield! Time to go buy me another 1911 I guess.
    NRA Benefactor

I never been in one neither but I'm dumping em too. I just want to fit in ya know.

Guess I'll have to go buy another 1911 my own self since Itxi is. i'll just tell the missus he's getting one so I should get one too.

Ain't used that excuse yet, never know, maybe it'll fly or most likely it will be the Hindenburg revisited.

Gunshow this weekend here in town too, might work out fine and dandy.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Guess I’ll need to find a new place to buy golf gloves...
    ​O|||||||O

Dicks are a bunch of Dicks anyway, haven't been to one in years...speaking of dicks i was in Academy Sports and Outdoors last year buying some ammo and the lady who was checking me out was trying to lecture me about my purchase over groceries, really I said groceries! Said I (with my stern voice) to not lecture ME on what or what I should not spend my money on. Now if i had come in with food stamps and tried to purchase ammo she would of had something to whine about.

Yeah to heck with Dick's I bought a shotgun from them a long time ago. I happened to be there when they put a clearance tag on it for a super price. Good deal that day...

Never been able to find a dang thing else I wanted to buy there since.

Good riddance!
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

Don't just drop Dick's, call or contact them and tell them you are dropping them. Two minutes well spent.
    Apparently these guys have done so already,
    NSSF EXPELS DICK’S SPORTING GOODS

https://www.nssf.org/nssf-expels-dicks-sporting-goods/
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I never been in one neither but I'm dumping em too. I just want to fit in ya know.

Guess I'll have to go buy another 1911 my own self since Itxi is. i'll just tell the missus he's getting one so I should get one too.

Ain't used that excuse yet, never know, maybe it'll fly or most likely it will be the Hindenburg revisited.

Gunshow this weekend here in town too, might work out fine and dandy.

Timely....Today is an anniversary of Hindenburg being shot down over New Jersey by dem godless commies or whichever.
    NRA Benefactor