Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Wolf in my ST 9

Default Wolf in my ST 9

Today I decided to run a few magazines of Wolf through my TIG ST9. Guess what happened to my gun???

I'm forseeing a sad ending here. I never use that stuff ever even in stuff I don't even like.

Don't leave us in limbo. Out with it!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Shot flawlessly!!! No hiccups! And it was already dirty! I’m happy. I also think Wolf is decent and there is much folklore over steel cased horror stories. I routinely shoot wolf in my CZs and SIGS. I am also happy that the Kahr had no problem with these hard primers.

Some people don't mind putting excess wear and tear on their firearm to save a few cents............................................. ...........

Steel case wear and tear is a myth. Period. It does nothing to the extractor that brass or aluminum doesn’t do. Sure, I shoot brass and aluminum but I’m not scared of wolf. In fact, I’ve had better experience with it than BB, Freedom, or American steel.

Then by all means, keep on shooting it. We all know better, even the metallurgists in the crowd...................you'll never have an ammo shortage............

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Then by all means, keep on shooting it. We all know better, even the metallurgists in the crowd...................you'll never have an ammo shortage............
    Bring out the metallurgists and we will hear theory. The truth is that most of the 'steel cased' myth is based on the AR world and people shooting steel cased ammo in non Milspec guns. This is a different animal, and the real culprit is bimetal cases in a small caliber hipowered rifle which leads to premature barrel wear. There is now a metric ton of testimony that shooting steel cased pistol ammo has little to no impact on a semi-auto gun. And, again, I've had better quality from Wolf than BB for one.

Of course the point of the thread was to vindicate the Kahr in shooting low priced ammo.

Nothing wrong with theory. Just the fact that steel is harder than other materials should tell you that even though the difference in wear COULD be minute, it's still more than softer materials. That's not theory, it's fact. That's why I say, keep shooting it if you like. You will always have it available, because most of us will continue to shoot brass, and nothing else. The day I have to use steel to save a few cents, is the day I'll stop shooting. Too much respect for my firearms, even the cheap ones. Carry on................

The steel cases used are soft. That is not just theory. In a pistol, the bimetal jacket poses no threat. I can get steel cases delivered for $156. Brass is usually about $190 - the cheapest. That can add up. Bimetal in an AR WILL wear out the bore - valid point.

My main point is that Kahrs are NOT a quirky as some think, and steel cased ammo is better than most assume.