Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed at the range with my newP380 and my first Kahr

I have one and it's a sweet pistol!

My MK9 is solid and is a keeper.

My MK is going nowhere. Also, it may be in my head, but I swear it's trigger is smoother than my other Kahrs.

Not in your head - mine is smoother too. My CW380 is a tad lighter of a trigger pull, but the MK9 is just buttery smooth.

MK.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Osu84 View Post
    Now I am debating on whether I should invest in a MK9
    In my opinion, the MK9 and it’s slightly bigger brother (or sister, or unicorn, or gender fluid “they”) are some of the finest pistols ever made. Get either and you should be very happy!!!

One of the best..............................
    Attached Images Attached Images

I need to add something. While I LOVE my MK9, if you're going for concealment the PM9 has it beat on weight. And since I can improve the grip with talons vs the wood on the MK9(they feel amazing though) the pm9 has it beat on thickness too.

It just comes down to priorities. If you are looking to pocket carry I would MAX out at the pm9 but prefer the 380. If you were planning on IWB carry then things shift to the MK9 or P9 or P45 IMO.

I'm loving all the MK9 praise here...whenever I talk guns with folks, it's always the one I bring up as one of the unsung gems in the concealed carry world. It is a gem of a pistol that shoots remarkably accurately for its size, has an amazing trigger, and is awful purty. A little heavy, but with a good belt it just disappears with that small profile, and I've had times I actually forgot I was carrying it.

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    I'm loving all the MK9 praise here...whenever I talk guns with folks, it's always the one I bring up as one of the unsung gems in the concealed carry world. It is a gem of a pistol that shoots remarkably accurately for its size, has an amazing trigger, and is awful purty. A little heavy, but with a good belt it just disappears with that small profile, and I've had times I actually forgot I was carrying it.
    The MK9 is one of VERY VERY few guns that I've actually been astounded by at the range. I knew my P9 and P45 shot extremely well, but I was expecting
    the MK9 to be a little less accurate since it was A- my first time to the range with it and B- a very small gun. I was very wrong. The very first shot went dead on wear I was aiming. The rest of that mag was a little off as I was trying to figure out HOW that happened. Every other mag I kept the groups as small or smaller than both the p9 and p45 and wasn't too far off both of the 1911s I brought that day. Now this is at 7 yards. As things get farther out the 1911s stretch their legs a bit. But, still!! What a heck of a shooter to be so dang little.

I have a Kahr p9. About 500 rounds through it and the rear sight shifted to the right. I tapped it back into place but next time I shot it shifted again. I put it back into place and once again it shifted. I called a gunsmith and he told me to get a new site. I don't like his answer.
    Will Kahr fix this? Can I fix this? Do I need a new site?