I tried my first 50ae reloads in my new Desert Eagle L5 (Light weight 5" barrel). I took 18 handloaded rounds to the range with me. 300gr Berry's in Hornady brass with CCI 350 magnum pistol primers:
6 rnds @ 30.5 grains H110
6 rnds @ 31.5 grains H110
6 rnds @ 32.5 grains H110

With some of the 30.5 and 31.5 loads I felt little pin pricks on my face which I believe were un-burnt powder (Yes, I was wearing safety glasses). The 32.5 loads I did not notice this.

I am guessing that the lighter charges did not develop enough pressure to completely combust the powder and the breeze blew it back into my face. Does this sound reasonable?

The 32.5 grain loads are near the max load and I believe I did not get powder blown back in my face because of better combustion. Does this sound reasonable?

The 32.5 grain loads felt very near Hornady 300gr XTP factory loads as far as recoil (The 7th round in each mag was a Hornady 300gr factory load... so I could compare the recoil). The lighter loads, especially the 30.5gr loads were real nice light recoiling target loads. ALL loads cycled the action just fine and left a nice puddle of brass ~6' to ~8' behind me over my right shoulder.

I think H110 is one of the slower pistol powders. Should I try a faster powder for target loads?