Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Off On Holiday

Default Off On Holiday

Wheels up to Maine come Monday and gone until early June. First of da three usual, my travel season long haul road trips.

Was last year expecting them to be my last and just hoping we could actually make them all. Everyone at the other end was happy supportive when we did. Now they're all depressed 'cause they were really also hoping last year would be my last.

I used to really enjoy these trips. Now, with the added benefit joy of many weeks at time off chemo, I really, really like them. And, "be careful out there" is happy dance no longer a care/issue/concern.

See ya all in a few weeks if I don't get to do something seriously fatal cool....
    NRA Benefactor

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Have fun Itxi, see you when you get back.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    ...Was last year expecting them to be my last and just hoping we could actually make them all. Everyone at the other end was happy supportive when we did. Now they're all depressed 'cause they were really also hoping last year would be my last...
    Now that’s funny as heck. Glad you’re doing so much better this year. Make sure they know you expect to be back again and again and again...
    ​O|||||||O

Be wild my friend but be a little careful too. We'll leave the light on for ya and surely (well don't call me shirley) you'll be close to a computer and can pop in once in awhile when your not hang gliding or bungee jumping and what not.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Watch out for the MAINIACS in Skowhegan and Nordgewalk area...have fun.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Have fun and be sure to annoy those disappointed Yankees. Hope you take one of those newfangled translation devices.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

some photos? some updates? some suppsforlife? should have been really fun. planning to go on a holiday this next weekend myself.
    Last edited by Cancersten; 12-21-2018 at 11:09 AM.

Well, sorry to disappoint but I'm in one piece back.

Great trip.....Our B&B/Inn hosts in Maine finally retaliated for our continuing to show up on their door step. Hid a dead rat in our room somewhere close to the headboard on my side of the bed. Kept insisting it had nothing to do with me/us but, oddly, the smell (stench?) only lasted until immediately before checkout. I love these guys!....Then, after putting wife person on a plane to back home, I drove down to my sister's place in PA. Sister pretended to be delighted to see me and I pretended to be happy to be there. After three days of that there nonsense I headed for home....Drive was really nice/good enjoyable, at least west of New England. Say what you will about Kansas and such, but kicking back listening to classical music with light to no traffic and the cruise control set on 85 is just relaxingly cool....And all this wonderfulness was seriously enhanced by my being off chemo for five weeks. Felt entirely human for the first time since last travel season ended early last October. Infusion nurse Betsy will fix that problem for me, tho, this coming Wednesday.

Next round of full humanism will come in July when I roll out to family reunion in PA to piss off all the relatives with my still aliveness. Ain't summer just great??
    NRA Benefactor

Sounds like you had a nice time. May was pretty busy for us with visits to Daytona and our nephews's Embry-Riddle graduation and then the granddaughters' 5th and 1st birthdays in southern Illinois. Our next trip won't be until around Christmas for a visit to Wifey's folks in SW Colorado.

I wish that I could get up to eastern PA. Last year I re-connected with my first buddy in the USAF from 1964 on Facebook and he lives near Lebanon. I haven't seen him since 1966. We studied Arabic together at the Defense Language Institute, West Coast, at Monterey, California, where we experienced some of the life in the US Army that ran the Presidio.

The end of this month will be my 30th year since retirement from the USAF. Time sure flies and much faster as you get older!

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".