Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When did you first get interested in firearms?

Default When did you first get interested in firearms?

For me it was about this time period - 1947 - in front of our Infantry Post quarters at Fort Sam Houston (San Antonio) Texas. Am the unruly one on the left with the poor trigger & safety discipline. Evidently I hadn't mastered the art of the lariat yet either.

How about you folks?

Last edited by Armybrat; 05-17-2018 at 05:32 PM.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Check out those chaps!

And hence the love for the SAA. Priceless photo Army, glad you shared it. Made my day.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

As a kid, in the 60's, I always had a play gun to play Army. As an adult it wasn't until 1978 when I got my first shotgun to duck hunt, hooked every since.

Nice picture.

For me it was at 5 or 6 years old when I got my first B.B. gun. I would shoot that in the back yard all week then we’d go shoot .22’s with dad at the river on weekends. After I got older and started working, then a family, so there was not time or place to shoot. I always had a .22 rifle, a .357 revolver, and a colt .380 auto at home but never got to shoot them. Then about the time the Ruger LCP came out I bought one for pocket carry and that was the beginning of the resurgence. I’ve owned and traded more firearms since then than I can even count, and shot tens of thousands of rounds at the range.

Life is good!
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

After several years with BB guns, I bought a single shot Remington 22 at 11 years old. I carried that gun everywhere back then. [days and perceptions were different in the 50's] My interest in handguns started when I joined the Navy pistol team shooting a modified 1911.

Wow that photo brings back good memories of days gone by, thanks :=]
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Aside from toys, it was probably when my dad brought home two Ithaca single shot .22 saddle carbines and built a sort of range in our basement. My brothers and I had many fun hours shooting mainly CB caps but an occasional "real" .22 too. Then a few years later, in 1968, he took me to our little local gun shop to get my first pistol, a beautiful Colt Woodsman MT. I was almost 15 years old. Cost me all of my savings from my job as a dishwasher in a local restaurant. Lots of memories there in that basement. Those were the days.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Shooting and living in Texas was enough.

Started shooting .22's in the basement at the angst of my mother in 1963. Had an old Remington bolt and an old Savage bolt. Father was a part time gunsmith. Him and a buddy used to make big game rifles from scratch for the well to do hunters. Also did repair and bluing work, and hand checkering. We never had less than a couple hundred rifles in the basement. The old man seemed to like mausers, or at least did a lot of work on them. I purchased my first handgun at 18. Astra .357 snub. Shot it a few times and sold it back for the same price. Scary. Then went out and got a stainless model 19 with a 4" barrel and never looked back.

I got my first toy gun at 4, I began to shoot the neighbors 22 at 9.
    I didn't shoot a real gun until 13, it was my Dad's .30-6.