Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discovering Kahr ?

Default Discovering Kahr ?

Were you surprised at the quality and accuracy of Kahr pistols? I very much wish I would have discovered them years ago. I had read some big problems, frames breaking years ago. That scared me away from them. But now I own 2 of them. What was your first impression of them? Thanks.

My first Kahr was a CW9 I foolishly traded. My initial impression was it was very nice. I currently have 4 I think, a 380, 2 9mm’s, and a 45. All are fine pistols.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Default First Kahr

My only Kahr is a 2003 MK40 Elite.
    Bought it as a pocket pistol.
    Had read of potential break in needed with the all steel guns.

My first impression was this thing is uber tight!
    Had a hard time with disassembly/assembly.
    And lots of FTFs early on.
    Then, for me, even with a gun belt - it's just to heavy to pocket carry.

After an initial break in period the gun loosened up and got reliable.
    Disassembly/assembly became simple.
    And the gun disappears on a belt.
    Accurate, reliable and well made.
    With a glassy trigger.
    It's a keeper

My first was a K9 a few years back...great shooting gun, the take down was a bit tricky but not a deal breaker. I never had an issue with its performance but never really appreciated the trigger. But i do now! Now i have the MK9 and it's my everyday go to pistol.

I have a CW9. It's my first Kahr. I have had a lot of pistols over the years and all have good and bad things about them. My first pistol was a 1911 back in the 70's. I purchased a Glock when they first came out and what a pile of junk that was. More issues than I could handle. Now I have had several Glocks over the ages and have figured out that I just don't like them for "me". Mainly I have large hands and the trigger guard just doesn't work for me. Too small. Having said all of that I like others always liked the Kahr's but didn't buy them because mainly cost. In my mind why buy a Kahr when I could have a Sig... Walther...CZ..etc. I had shot the Kahr pistols and really like the triggers and the feel of the guns.

I guess the main reason I didn't buy a Kahr was I mainly buy used guns. I always seem to run into someone who is needing cash and wants to dump a gun or two for cheap. I never ran into a person selling a Kahr. Funny thing is that's what really started me wondering about them. ... People hardly sell them.

What I have found out about them is the people who are selling them haven't put hardly any rounds through them. I picked up my CW9 used and I doubt it had a box of ammo through it. I know it have never really been cleaned. I took it home and cleaned it and now I am hooked.

What a wonderful gun and I love how dead simple it is and how it shoots. This was my first but won't be my last Kahr.

My first was a P380 RA.... from the first production run. Over 4K rounds later and is still tight. Next was a PM9 from the first run of the new slide design. Then two PM45s then a TP45. The 45s are my favorite. I like the high quality slide and components and so few parts. A breeze to disassemble.

My first Kahr was a P9---back in 2001 or so. My first concealed carry pistol was a S&W 3913---excellent pistol--a groundbreaking pistol---but too heavy for me in the Florida heat, and I didn't shoot it well. I traded that for a SIG P239. Again, an excellent pistol but too heavy.

The P9 was revolutionary. It was the only game in town if you wanted a slim, small polymer single stack 9mm.

My first Kahr was a used P380 I bought 8 years ago. I have shot it more Thani can count and I never had an issue other than lite primer strikes which was remedied by a new firing pin spring. Still have it and still carry it. I have total trust in it. Since then, i have added 3 other Kahr pistols, and considering a 4th

I'd never even heard of Kahr until I held one in my hands. It was a polymer .40, not sure which one. It felt so damn good I just had to get it.

Until I found a K40. I'm not a plastic gun guy and the all metal version I just had to have. It didn't hurt in the least that I basically stole it. Been my carry gun ever since!

And it shoots better than I do to boot!

To put it bluntly, the name and the price range they were in(cw is all that is around here) kept me from even LOOKING their way as I associated them with the similarly priced junk sitting beside them. Then one day I was just BSing at the LGS and picked up a little 45 and was like WHOA.....this thing points great! Pulled the trigger and knew I had to have one, but was more interested in the extra detailing and extra mags the p series and MK series gave me. So..... I now have 5. LOL! The trigger and pointability are THE selling points to me. As a 1911 guy I was starting to think that only the Sig p225-a1 and the P220 were the only guns outside of a 1911 that pointed the way I liked......and along came Kahr.