Recently I met one of our state senators (democrat) at the local grocery store and asked her if she would be willing to tour the municipal range (mostly patronized by her constituents) where I work. After the legislative session was over we agreed on a date and time.

We talked about a number of subjects like carry permits, gun safety classes, black rifles, and state gun laws, and most of all, school shootings, and she was surprised to learn that Michael Bloomberg is financing the Mom's demand action group, (among a dozen others), and it was they who were writing the anti gun bills and passing them into the hands or weak kneed legislators to see what they could slip through into law. I explained the perils of a "universal background check" and how it could effect even the simple loaning of a gun to a neighbor or relative.

Summed up, she was very receptive to having a group of us ready to consult with regarding gun legislation and the highlight of the evening was when I asked if she had ever shot a handgun. A quick No! from her. Would you consider giving it a try? I asked. A quick Yes! from her. I quickly got her in the hands of a female instructor and 45 minutes later she left with a good target, a selfie, and a huge smile. While walking her to her can I thanked her for her objectivity and she said "are you serious, you are a republican" when I handed her a check for her upcoming campaign.
Little did she know I had stocked all twelve lanes of our indoor range with men, women and children of all ages. "are you always this busy? she asked? "No, but usually there is a forty five minute wait in the months just preceding an election ", I responded.

They may be democrats but not all of them are unwilling to learn.